Return to Kahiki with Dr. Kealani Cook - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Return to Kahiki with Dr. Kealani Cook
Dr. Kealani Cook, of UH-West Oʻahu, will be presenting research from his new book "Return to Kahiki."
Between 1850 and 1907, Native Hawaiians sought to develop relationships with other Pacific Islanders reflecting how they viewed not only themselves as a people but their wider connections to Oceania and the globe.
Cook analyzes the relatively little known experiences of Native Hawaiian missionaries, diplomats and travelers, shedding valuable light on the rich but understudied accounts of Hawaiians outside of Hawaiʻi.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7100
What's also happening?
Week of October 14, 2018Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.