Community CARES - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: CC Plaza
Campus & Community Service (CCS) is hosting this event with the purpose of creating a bridge between the community and the UH Hilo Campus. By providing students with greater access to community resources that fit their needs.
Get in touch with various organizations in the community on April 29th, 2019 in CC Plaza from 11am - 1pm!
Confirmed Groups include:
- Kuʻikahi Mediation Center
- Project Vision - The Vision Van will be here to do free vision screenings
- Legal Aid Society of Hawaii
- Hawaiian Community Assets
- The Food Basket - with a SNAP outreach coordinator to answer your questions
- UH Hilo Counseling Services
- The Arc of Hilo - Sign up for Medical Insurance
- Aloha Independent Living Hawaii
- Hui Hoʻomalu
More information coming soon but contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7796
What's also happening?
Week of April 28, 2019Next →
- American Sign Language, Level 1a
- This non-credit class will introduce the basics of American Sign Language (ASL), including grammar and vocabulary for simple social conversation. Participants will also learn about deaf culture and rules of social interaction. ...
- American Sign Language, Level 1c/1d
- This class is for anyone who is comfortable with the vocabulary in Units 1-5 of Signing Naturally. Participants will focus on advancing expressive and receptive conversational skills. Open to ages 15 and up. ...
- Subconscious Writing
- A new approach for seasoned writers or individuals just beginning to explore creative writing, this comprehensive workshop offers strategies that will help students silence the inner critic, become more creative, and surprise themselves with ...
- Video Production Principles, Part 1
- This free series is for registered UH Hilo students only. Must have a UH student ID # to register. Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Build a Successful Advertising Campaign
- This two-part class will walk students through the stages of building a coordinated campaign, from developing an objective statement through the creative and practical elements necessary for building on the success of your company. ...
- Art for Everyone: Japanese Woodblock Printing
- Learn traditional Japanese woodblock printing methods and techniques in this non-credit class. Instructions will include preparation of washi paper, image transfer, cutting blocks, and printing techniques, as well as some history and vocabulary. ...
- Miniature Art: Magnets
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic drawing, coloring, collaging, and painting techniques, then create different styles of magnets. ...
- APIA AANAPISI Scholarship
- The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is administered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). ...
- Art for Keiki: A Holiday Gift
- Students will learn techniques for creating beautiful, personalized works of art on wood. Choosing brushes, blending colors, preparing the surface, as well as basic painting approaches will be covered. ...
- Miniature Art: Tiles
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic painting and collaging techniques to create beautiful, personalized tiles that can be used as accents in the home, ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2020 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.