Pond Mucking at Lili`uokalani Gardens - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Pond Mucking at Lili`uokalani Gardens
Location: Lili'uokalani Gardens
If you're looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity that really makes a difference, come get dirty with UH Hilo students, community members and alumni in this learning through service project as we help restore these beautiful aquatic ponds.
The event is on Saturday, November 17, 2018 from 8:00am - 12:00pm and we will meet at the pavilion next to the Lili'uokalani Gardens tea house.
Free lunch, gloves, buckets and mucking tools will be provided. We recommend wearing sneakers, bringing a reusable water bottle, wearing clothes that can get dirty, sunscreen and hat.
This is an activity presented by the Friends of Lili'uokalani Gardens, the Hawaii County Park and Recreation Department, UH Hilo Campus Center, Campus and Community Service (a CC Fee Board Program), and the Sociology Club.
For more information, or to sign-up, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (808) 932-7796 with any questions.
For Disability accommodation, contact Maile Boggeln at (808) 932-7796, TTY 932-7002 or by email at email@example.com by November 5, 2018.
Special Restrictions: If you will be bringing children, you must be present at the entire event to supervise them.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7796
What's also happening?
Week of November 11, 2018Next →
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.