Pond Mucking at Lili`uokalani Gardens - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Pond Mucking at Lili`uokalani Gardens
Location: Lili'uokalani Gardens
If you're looking for a meaningful volunteer opportunity that really makes a difference, come get dirty with UH Hilo students, community members and alumni in this learning through service project as we help restore these beautiful aquatic ponds.
The event is on Saturday, November 17, 2018 from 8:00am - 12:00pm and we will meet at the pavilion next to the Lili'uokalani Gardens tea house.
Free lunch, gloves, buckets and mucking tools will be provided. We recommend wearing sneakers, bringing a reusable water bottle, wearing clothes that can get dirty, sunscreen and hat.
This is an activity presented by the Friends of Lili'uokalani Gardens, the Hawaii County Park and Recreation Department, UH Hilo Campus Center, Campus and Community Service (a CC Fee Board Program), and the Sociology Club.
For more information, or to sign-up, please contact our office at email@example.com or call (808) 932-7796 with any questions.
For Disability accommodation, contact Maile Boggeln at (808) 932-7796, TTY 932-7002 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 5, 2018.
Special Restrictions: If you will be bringing children, you must be present at the entire event to supervise them.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7796
What's also happening?
Week of November 11, 2018Next →
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.