4th Annual Domestic Violence Summit - Register Now! - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
4th Annual Domestic Violence Summit - Register Now!
Location: ʻImiloa Astronomy Center
We are pleased to announce that Hawaiʻi Community College and University of Hawai‘i at Hilo will host the 4th Annual Domestic Violence Summit with college students as the focus.
The summit is on Friday, October 19, 2018 at the ʻImiloa Astronomy Center from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. in the Moanahoku Hall.
Students, faculty, staff and community members will convene and weave a united front to prevent and respond to domestic violence in our community.
Registration is on a first-come, first-served basis. You will be notified by email if your seat is confirmed at the summit. A small breakfast and lunch buffet is included in this free registration! Register at go.hawaii.edu/fCJ .
This summit is specifically for students, therefore they will have priority in the registration. Faculty and staff are still encouraged to register.
*Registration ends on Wednesday, October 17.
Sponsored by the ASUH-HawCC, HawCC Social Sciences and Administration of Justice Programs, UH Hilo Women’s Center, UH Hilo Office of Equal Opportunity and the Family Violence Interagency Committee East Hawai‘i.
Special Restrictions: Registration is on a first come, first served basis. You will be notified by email if your seat is confirmed at the summit. Register at go.hawaii.edu/fCJ
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7958
What's also happening?
Week of October 14, 2018Next →
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Fall submission now open: 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition
- The Student Arts Association is now accepting fall submissions for the 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition. Fall submissions are open now till December 12th. ...
- Priority Acceptance for Hohonu Submissions
- Hohonu, UH Hilo's Academic Journal is currently accepting submissions for its Spring 2020 edition. We encourage all majors to submit their essays and research papers. The deadline for priority submission is December 16, 2019. ...
- Mindfulness classes
- Student Health and Wellness program would like to invite you to Mindfulness classes. Hosted by Micheal Donenfeld who has received training from Vietnamese poet and monk Thich Nhat Hanh. These classes offer to teach you skills for life. ...
- Open Positions for the Board of Student Publications!
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is currently seeking students who are interested in making a difference by getting involved in their campus community; forging sustainable relationships with students, faculty, and staff at UH Hilo; and ...
- UH Hilo Fall Food Drive
- The Campus and Community Service office is hosting the semi-annual UH Hilo Food Drive from December 2 to December 20. This semester we want to reach a goal of raising $500.00 and collecting 300lbs of food. ...
- Board of Media Broadcasting Positions Open
- The Board of Media Broadcasting is seeking students who are interested in getting more involved on campus and who are passionate about digital media particularly radio and video. ...
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.