Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Summit - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Summit
Location: Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
The Women's Center is pleased to announce the availability of funding from the Chancellor's Professional Development Committee to support attendance at the upcoming 2018 Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Summit on Friday, October 19, 2018 at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay. Information about the Summit can be found at the following links. We'd like to also extend a special congratulations to Dr. Reni Ivanova for being selected as one of this year's presenters.
Featuring Dr. Jackie Young, Award-winning advocate for issues that inspire social change and healthy communities as our keynote speaker. Dr. Jackie Young is a passionate champion of advocacy on issues relating to gender equity, discrimination, health and safety. Jackie has received numerous awards from organizations including the University of Hawai‘i Distinguished Alumni Award, the National Education Association Futrell Award for Advancing the Rights of Women and Girls in Education, and the YWCA of Oahu Outstanding Woman Leader.
Jackie holds a PhD in Women’s Studies and Communication. She was the former Chief Staff Officer for the American Cancer Society and the first woman to hold the position of Vice-Speaker for the Hawaiʻi House of Representatives.
Vendor Tables - bit.ly/HIWLFvendor
Workshop Information - bit.ly/HIWLFworkshop
Vendor Hall Expo Kamaʻaina Room Rate - Hawaiʻi residents based on availability
For more information, contact: Brooke Derby + Christine Hijirida Summit Chairs HawaiiIslandWLF@gmail.com
Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Forum:
Our mission: To empower and advance women on Hawaiʻi Island through knowledge, strength and community.
Our vision: To grow a series of activities and events, to include an annual Summit, that will nurture women on all levels of leadership and contribute to building a lasting legacy for generations to come.
Special Restrictions: A limited number of tickets and ground transportation are available at no cost to UH Hilo employees, thanks to the Chancellor's Professional Development Fund. If you are willing, able and interested in attending, please complete the information on this Google Form - go.hawaii.edu/fvB no later than Tuesday, October 2. We will notify those who are selected on Friday, October 5.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7958
What's also happening?
Week of October 14, 2018Next →
- Vulcan Ohana Scavenger Hunt
- Welcome Back Vulcans! We hope you all had a good summer and want to welcome our new and returning students to the UH Hilo campus. ...
- Student Impact Scholarship
- Apply now for a $5,000 scholarship! Wells Fargo is proud to announce the Student Impact Scholarship with $1 million in scholarship funds available to help support students on their educational journey. ...
- Freshman 'Eleu (Fall 2020)
- Freshmen, it's time to meet with your advisor for your Freshman ʻEleu appointment. Meet with your advisor between September 14 and October 6. ...
- AANAPISI Scholarship
- Apply for an AANAPISI scholarship from the Asian & Pacific Islander American (APIA) Scholars! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $5,000 awards for the Spring 2021 semester. Deadline to apply: November 11. ...
- Kanilehua Submissions Are Open
- Kanilehua, UH Hilo's art and literary magazine, is now accepting submissions for its Spring 2021 issue. We are accepting submissions of literature, visual art, sheet music, and mixed medium pieces. Visit our website to submit: https://hilo. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- Apply for a scholarship from the Asian & Pacific Islander American (APIA) Scholars! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards for the 2021-2022 school year. Deadline to apply: January 14, 2021. ...
- Hohonu Submissions are Open!
- Every year, Hohonu publishes an academic journal filled with papers submitted by students. Submissions are accessed by the Hohonu staff and from there are either accepted into the editing process or denied. ...
- RISO Registration for 2020-2021 is now open
- The 2020-2021 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register is March 26, 2021 at 4:30pm. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.