Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Summit - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Summit
Location: Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
The Women's Center is pleased to announce the availability of funding from the Chancellor's Professional Development Committee to support attendance at the upcoming 2018 Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Summit on Friday, October 19, 2018 at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay. Information about the Summit can be found at the following links. We'd like to also extend a special congratulations to Dr. Reni Ivanova for being selected as one of this year's presenters.
Featuring Dr. Jackie Young, Award-winning advocate for issues that inspire social change and healthy communities as our keynote speaker. Dr. Jackie Young is a passionate champion of advocacy on issues relating to gender equity, discrimination, health and safety. Jackie has received numerous awards from organizations including the University of Hawai‘i Distinguished Alumni Award, the National Education Association Futrell Award for Advancing the Rights of Women and Girls in Education, and the YWCA of Oahu Outstanding Woman Leader.
Jackie holds a PhD in Women’s Studies and Communication. She was the former Chief Staff Officer for the American Cancer Society and the first woman to hold the position of Vice-Speaker for the Hawaiʻi House of Representatives.
Vendor Tables - bit.ly/HIWLFvendor
Workshop Information - bit.ly/HIWLFworkshop
Vendor Hall Expo Kamaʻaina Room Rate - Hawaiʻi residents based on availability
For more information, contact: Brooke Derby + Christine Hijirida Summit Chairs HawaiiIslandWLF@gmail.com
Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Forum:
Our mission: To empower and advance women on Hawaiʻi Island through knowledge, strength and community.
Our vision: To grow a series of activities and events, to include an annual Summit, that will nurture women on all levels of leadership and contribute to building a lasting legacy for generations to come.
Special Restrictions: A limited number of tickets and ground transportation are available at no cost to UH Hilo employees, thanks to the Chancellor's Professional Development Fund. If you are willing, able and interested in attending, please complete the information on this Google Form - go.hawaii.edu/fvB no later than Tuesday, October 2. We will notify those who are selected on Friday, October 5.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7958
What's also happening?
Week of October 14, 2018Next →
- Miniature Art: Magnets
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic drawing, coloring, collaging, and painting techniques, then create different styles of magnets. ...
- Hohonu Editor Positions are Open
- Hohonu, UH Hilo's academic magazine, is now accepting general editor applications. Pick up an application form to apply in Campus Center room 210. Must be a UH Hilo student registered in six credits, a minimum 2. ...
- Kanilehua Positions are Open
- Kanilehua, UH Hilo's Art & Literary Magazine is now accepting applications for its Art Editor, Literary Editor, and Layout Designer positions. Pick up a form in Campus Center Room 210 to apply.
- Samoan Club Seeks Members
- Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao, the Samoan club welcomes any students who are interested in the Samoan culture to join our club! If you're interested, submit a membership form at ...
- APIA AANAPISI Scholarship
- The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is administered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). ...
- Art for Keiki: A Holiday Gift
- Students will learn techniques for creating beautiful, personalized works of art on wood. Choosing brushes, blending colors, preparing the surface, as well as basic painting approaches will be covered. ...
- Miniature Art: Tiles
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic painting and collaging techniques to create beautiful, personalized tiles that can be used as accents in the home, ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2020 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.