Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Summit - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Summit
Location: Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay
The Women's Center is pleased to announce the availability of funding from the Chancellor's Professional Development Committee to support attendance at the upcoming 2018 Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Summit on Friday, October 19, 2018 at the Sheraton Kona Resort & Spa at Keauhou Bay. Information about the Summit can be found at the following links. We'd like to also extend a special congratulations to Dr. Reni Ivanova for being selected as one of this year's presenters.
Featuring Dr. Jackie Young, Award-winning advocate for issues that inspire social change and healthy communities as our keynote speaker. Dr. Jackie Young is a passionate champion of advocacy on issues relating to gender equity, discrimination, health and safety. Jackie has received numerous awards from organizations including the University of Hawai‘i Distinguished Alumni Award, the National Education Association Futrell Award for Advancing the Rights of Women and Girls in Education, and the YWCA of Oahu Outstanding Woman Leader.
Jackie holds a PhD in Women’s Studies and Communication. She was the former Chief Staff Officer for the American Cancer Society and the first woman to hold the position of Vice-Speaker for the Hawaiʻi House of Representatives.
Vendor Tables - bit.ly/HIWLFvendor
Workshop Information - bit.ly/HIWLFworkshop
Vendor Hall Expo Kamaʻaina Room Rate - Hawaiʻi residents based on availability
For more information, contact: Brooke Derby + Christine Hijirida Summit Chairs HawaiiIslandWLF@gmail.com
Hawaiʻi Island Women's Leadership Forum:
Our mission: To empower and advance women on Hawaiʻi Island through knowledge, strength and community.
Our vision: To grow a series of activities and events, to include an annual Summit, that will nurture women on all levels of leadership and contribute to building a lasting legacy for generations to come.
Special Restrictions: A limited number of tickets and ground transportation are available at no cost to UH Hilo employees, thanks to the Chancellor's Professional Development Fund. If you are willing, able and interested in attending, please complete the information on this Google Form - go.hawaii.edu/fvB no later than Tuesday, October 2. We will notify those who are selected on Friday, October 5.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7958
What's also happening?
Week of October 14, 2018Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.