Faculty and Staff Training - Military and Veteran Student Needs - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Faculty and Staff Training - Military and Veteran Student Needs
Location: SSC W-201
RSVP at goo.gl/forms/XQYFLNPRehHZ9qfn2 by Monday, October 15.
VITAL Presentation and Q&A for FACULTY/STAFF Session 1:
VITAL is a veteran-centered, results oriented, collaboration between the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) and educational institutions. VITAL’s mission is to aid veterans in overcoming obstacles and achieving academic success.
On Tuesday, October 16th, VITAL Counselors, Nadine Shigezawa and Lynn Tokumine will be presenting training to all interested UH Hilo faculty and staff on the following topics:
- Promote Understanding: Military culture, deployment 101, post-deployment
adjustment, and common concerns
- Increase Awareness: Perspectives of veterans who are within a college setting frequent concerns and difficulties of veterans in classes and what faculty/staff can do to help
- Communication with the VA: Assist with communications between the VA and college/university staff about concerns, resources, and student needs
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7447
What's also happening?
Week of October 14, 2018Next →
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.