International Topics Speaker Series - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
International Topics Speaker Series
Location: Student Services Center Room W-201
Rethinking Communication & Development in the Post-Globalization Era: An Intercultural Perspective
Featuring Dr. Yoshitaka Miike of the UH Hilo Communication Department.
Dr. Miike will discuss the meanings of communication and development and some lessons learned from development communication and communication for social change. He will also introduce an Eastern philosophy of intercultural relations toward a sustainable global community.
Free and open to the public.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 935-7991
What's also happening?
Week of October 14, 2018Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.