QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
Location: SSC W-201
Student Health & Wellness Program's Nā Kiaʻi O Ke Ola Suicide Prevention Program invites you to attend a QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training on Wednesday, September 5, 2018.
Question, Persuade, Refer (QPR), is an evidence-based suicide prevention program that teaches gatekeepers (people who want to help prevent suicide) how to identify the risk factors and warning signs of suicide, how to ask someone if they are thinking about suicide, persuade them to seek help, and refer them to the appropriate resources.
To register, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: If you have suffered a recent loss (in the past year) especially to suicide, you may find this training difficult and are cautioned against participating.
If you or someone you know are thinking about suicide, please call the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255.
For disability accommodations, please contact email@example.com or call (808) 932-7465 or (808) 932-7002 (TTY).
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Special Restrictions: If you have suffered a recent loss (in the past year) especially to suicide, you may find this training difficult and are cautioned against participating.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7465
What's also happening?
Week of September 2, 2018Next →
Holiday observed: Labor Day
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.