Tomáš Kubínek: Certified Lunatic and Master of the Impossible - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Tomáš Kubínek: Certified Lunatic and Master of the Impossible
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Tomáš Kubínek’s internationally acclaimed solo performances play to packed theaters around the world, including a sold-out run on Broadway which prompted the New York Times to declare his work “absolutely expert”.
Kubínek, a self-declared “fool, clown, visual poet, solo performance artist, multi-talented vaudevillian, comic genius and charming huckster”, performs his exuberant one-man show that is equal parts comic brilliance, virtuosic vaudeville and irresistible charm. Described as a collision of theatre and music-hall, Kubínek’s one-man show is sure to delight audiences of all ages.
“Hilarious and enormously talented” Time Out
“Equal parts old-time clowning and Monty Pythonesque silliness…” Seattle Times
Special Restrictions: Advance Sales: $25 General, $20 Discount, $12 UHH/HCC Student/Child
At the Door: $30 General, $25 Discount, $17 UHH/HCC Student/Child
Available at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office T-F 10am -2pm, call 932-7490 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
Single tickets go on sale September 18th.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of February 10, 2019Next →
- Subconscious Writing
- A new approach for seasoned writers or individuals just beginning to explore creative writing, this comprehensive workshop offers strategies that will help students silence the inner critic, become more creative, and surprise themselves with ...
- Video Production Principles, Part 1
- This free series is for registered UH Hilo students only. Must have a UH student ID # to register. Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Build a Successful Advertising Campaign
- This two-part class will walk students through the stages of building a coordinated campaign, from developing an objective statement through the creative and practical elements necessary for building on the success of your company. ...
- Art for Everyone: Japanese Woodblock Printing
- Learn traditional Japanese woodblock printing methods and techniques in this non-credit class. Instructions will include preparation of washi paper, image transfer, cutting blocks, and printing techniques, as well as some history and vocabulary. ...
- Miniature Art: Magnets
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic drawing, coloring, collaging, and painting techniques, then create different styles of magnets. ...
- Samoan Club Seeks Members
- Tupulaga O Samoa Mo A Taeao, the Samoan club welcomes any students who are interested in the Samoan culture to join our club! If you're interested, submit a membership form at go.hawaii. ...
- APIA AANAPISI Scholarship
- The Asian American and Native American Pacific Islander-Serving Institution (AANAPISI) Scholarship Program is administered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). ...
- Art for Keiki: A Holiday Gift
- Students will learn techniques for creating beautiful, personalized works of art on wood. Choosing brushes, blending colors, preparing the surface, as well as basic painting approaches will be covered. ...
- Miniature Art: Tiles
- Create quick and satisfying miniature works of art and then transform them into functional gifts! Students will learn basic painting and collaging techniques to create beautiful, personalized tiles that can be used as accents in the home, ...
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2020 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.