Derek Gripper - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Derek Gripper is a South African classical guitarist who embarked on a journey through different musical styles when he found classical guitar music too limiting. His explorations and studies found him learning diverse styles from India, Cape Town and West Africa, but he always applied what he discovered to the guitar.
Gripper’s 2018-19 concerts explore the dialogue between the disparate styles that have informed his work to date: the West African Kora, Bach, South African jazz, Contemporary Classical and large scale improvisations. This diverse palate creates music that is at once intimate and explosive, improvised and composed, traditional and new.
Special Restrictions: Advance Sales: $20 General, $15 Discount, $10 UHH/HCC Student/Child
At the Door: $25 General, $20 Discount, $15 UHH/HCC Student/Child
Available at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center Box Office T-F 10am -2pm, call 932-7490 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
Single tickets go on sale September 18th.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
Week of January 27, 2019Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.