Dance Collective - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
The Dance Collective continues its mission to build bridges and join dance communities across the island with its third outing to date featuring even more up and coming choreographers and dancers.
Many of you came out to support not only the extraordinarily talented and hardworking dancers and choreographers who graced the stage, but also the message behind the show: that of creating a strong, vibrant and cohesive dance community in which everyone could participate. We remain committed to fulfilling that vision. The concert this year will showcase a range of dance styles and numbers from musical theatre to contemporary, hip hop to jazz and modern to ballet.
Presenting the works of new and established dancers and choreographers from Island Dance Academy, Center Stage Dance Alliance, Paradise Performing Arts Center, N2 Dance, Kona Dance & Performing Arts, and UH Hilo Dance Department to name but a few, this dance concert provides choreographers with a platform to share their art and vision without restriction to their vision.
The proceeds from this event will go toward providing dance opportunities for our island community and perpetuating this event. For those who have come before, we hope to see you again. For everyone else, we hope to see you at this year’s Dance Collective!
*Note that some material may not be suitable for all audiences.
Special Restrictions: Tickets are $20 General, $10 UHH/HCC Student/Child.
Available at the UHH PAC Box Office T-F 10am -2pm, or by calling 932-7590 or order online at artscenter.uhh.hawaii.edu
Tickets on Sale beginning September 4th!
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
What's also happening?
|Week of September 23, 2018||Next →|
- Free Video Production workshop series
- Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. Topics range from producing and directing to broadcast platforms and selling yourself and your intellectual property. ...
- PIPES Internship applications accepted through February 8th
- The Pacific Internship Programs for Exploring Science is accepting applications through February 8th. Internships are available on Hawaiʻi, Maui, Oʻahu Molokaʻi, Kauaʻi, and across the Pacific. ...
- Go Global: Aotearoa Summer 2019
- Kia Ora! Immerse yourself in Maori culture, practices and history while living and engaging with the local Maori community in North Island, New Zealand (Aotearoa). ...
- Go Global: India (भारत) Summer 2019
- Spend three weeks in India exploring and learning about the history and culture of the country with History Professor Michael Skinner while earning three upper division credits. ...
- Study Abroad Photo Contest
- Submit your fun, exciting, adventurous or studious photos from any of your trips. It could be from your vacation, study abroad, national exchange journey or a trip with your exchange/international friends. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.