Spring 2018 Commencement - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Spring 2018 Commencement
Location: Edith Kanakaʻole Multi-Purpose Stadium - Hilo
The 2018 Spring Commencement (graduation) ceremony will be held in the Edith Kanakaʻole Multi-Purpose Stadium (Hilo Civic Auditorium) on Saturday, May 12th at
UH Hilo students have petitioned for degrees and/or certificates from the colleges of Arts and Sciences (589); Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management (22); Business and Economics (57); Pharmacy (143); Ka Haka ‘Ula O Ke‘elikōlani College of Hawaiian Language (48); and for various post-graduate credentials (19).
Henk Rogers, a Dutch-born video game entrepreneur and leading clean energy advocate, will deliver the keynote address at UH Hilo’s 2018 Spring Commencement. Blue Planet Foundation, founded by Rogers in 2007, is the state’s leading non-profit clean energy advocate. Blue Planet has worked to make Hawai’i the first state in the nation to target 100 percent renewable energy for electricity and ground transportation sectors.
Matthew Ruiz Jr., a sociology major, will represent the graduating class as student speaker. Ruiz was born in Wailuku, Maui and graduated from Maui High School in 2013. He transferred to UH Hilo in fall 2016 after earning an associate degree in liberal arts from Hawaiʻi Community College. At UH Hilo, he has maintained a 3.7 GPA, made the College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s List each semester, and was awarded a CAS Dean’s Scholarship in fall 2017 and spring 2018.
There will be a live feed of the event online, at hilo.hawaii.edu/commencement/
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7840
What's also happening?
|Week of May 6, 2018||Next →|
- Free Video Production workshop series
- Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. Topics range from producing and directing to broadcast platforms and selling yourself and your intellectual property. ...
- PIPES Internship applications accepted through February 8th
- The Pacific Internship Programs for Exploring Science is accepting applications through February 8th. Internships are available on Hawaiʻi, Maui, Oʻahu Molokaʻi, Kauaʻi, and across the Pacific. ...
- Go Global: Aotearoa Summer 2019
- Kia Ora! Immerse yourself in Maori culture, practices and history while living and engaging with the local Maori community in North Island, New Zealand (Aotearoa). ...
- Go Global: India (भारत) Summer 2019
- Spend three weeks in India exploring and learning about the history and culture of the country with History Professor Michael Skinner while earning three upper division credits. ...
- Study Abroad Photo Contest
- Submit your fun, exciting, adventurous or studious photos from any of your trips. It could be from your vacation, study abroad, national exchange journey or a trip with your exchange/international friends. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.