Spring 2018 Commencement - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Spring 2018 Commencement
Location: Edith Kanakaʻole Multi-Purpose Stadium - Hilo
The 2018 Spring Commencement (graduation) ceremony will be held in the Edith Kanakaʻole Multi-Purpose Stadium (Hilo Civic Auditorium) on Saturday, May 12th at
UH Hilo students have petitioned for degrees and/or certificates from the colleges of Arts and Sciences (589); Agriculture, Forestry and Natural Resource Management (22); Business and Economics (57); Pharmacy (143); Ka Haka ‘Ula O Ke‘elikōlani College of Hawaiian Language (48); and for various post-graduate credentials (19).
Henk Rogers, a Dutch-born video game entrepreneur and leading clean energy advocate, will deliver the keynote address at UH Hilo’s 2018 Spring Commencement. Blue Planet Foundation, founded by Rogers in 2007, is the state’s leading non-profit clean energy advocate. Blue Planet has worked to make Hawai’i the first state in the nation to target 100 percent renewable energy for electricity and ground transportation sectors.
Matthew Ruiz Jr., a sociology major, will represent the graduating class as student speaker. Ruiz was born in Wailuku, Maui and graduated from Maui High School in 2013. He transferred to UH Hilo in fall 2016 after earning an associate degree in liberal arts from Hawaiʻi Community College. At UH Hilo, he has maintained a 3.7 GPA, made the College of Arts and Sciences Dean’s List each semester, and was awarded a CAS Dean’s Scholarship in fall 2017 and spring 2018.
There will be a live feed of the event online, at hilo.hawaii.edu/commencement/
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7840
What's also happening?
Week of May 6, 2018Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.