Quantifying shoreline change on Hawaiʻi Island - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Quantifying shoreline change on Hawaiʻi Island
Location: UH Hilo Science & Technology Building (STB) Room #108
A Maunakea Speaker Series presentation by Rose Hart, M.S. candidate of the University of Hawaii at Hilo's Tropical Conservation Biology and Environmental Science program. To better predict and manage coastal vulnerabilities, Rose's research effort quantified shoreline change rates from the present and recent past at Hāpuna State Beach Park, Honoliʻi sea cliff, and Kapoho Tide Pools/Hawaiian Vacation Lands using shoreline records from historic aerial photographs and elevation datasets collected from small unmanned aerial systems (sUAS or drones). Results from this study provide insights to the chronic, seasonal, and episodic coastal processes that threaten communities and resources along Hawaiʻi Island's coast and help Hawaiʻi County planners improve coastal management strategies.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 933-0734
What's also happening?
Week of May 6, 2018Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.