Youth Suicide and Bullying Prevention Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Youth Suicide and Bullying Prevention Training
Location: SSC W-201
Created by Mental Health America this training is:
-free and evidence-based
-for adults who work with youth
-based on local and national data, and experiences of local youth
-increases knowledge and understanding of bullying and suicide prevention
-identifies risk factors and warning signs
-provides skills and resources to help prevent or intervene
-open to all UH Hilo students, staff, faculty and interested community members
Please RSVP: goo.gl/forms/g9U4z1v61hjtcrtV2
Did you know...
45% of middle school students and 19% of high school students in Hawaiʻi say they were bullied on school property?
24% of middle school students in Hawaiʻi seriously consider suicide, the highest in the nation?
15% of Hawaii students have actually made a plan for suicide?
source: Youth Risk Behavioral Surveillance System, CDC, 2015
If you or someone you know needs help, please seek support.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ #: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: www.crisistextline.org/ Text "Aloha" to 741-741
For more information or for disability accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 932-7465 or 932-7002 (TTY).
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7465
What's also happening?
Week of April 29, 2018Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.