Youth Suicide and Bullying Prevention Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Youth Suicide and Bullying Prevention Training
Location: SSC W-201
Created by Mental Health America this training is:
-free and evidence-based
-for adults who work with youth
-based on local and national data, and experiences of local youth
-increases knowledge and understanding of bullying and suicide prevention
-identifies risk factors and warning signs
-provides skills and resources to help prevent or intervene
-open to all UH Hilo students, staff, faculty and interested community members
Please RSVP: goo.gl/forms/g9U4z1v61hjtcrtV2
Did you know...
45% of middle school students and 19% of high school students in Hawaiʻi say they were bullied on school property?
24% of middle school students in Hawaiʻi seriously consider suicide, the highest in the nation?
15% of Hawaii students have actually made a plan for suicide?
source: Youth Risk Behavioral Surveillance System, CDC, 2015
If you or someone you know needs help, please seek support.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ #: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: www.crisistextline.org/ Text "Aloha" to 741-741
For more information or for disability accommodation, please email email@example.com or call 932-7465 or 932-7002 (TTY).
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7465
What's also happening?
Week of April 29, 2018Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.