Youth Suicide and Bullying Prevention Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Youth Suicide and Bullying Prevention Training
Location: SSC W-201
Created by Mental Health America this training is:
-free and evidence-based
-for adults who work with youth
-based on local and national data, and experiences of local youth
-increases knowledge and understanding of bullying and suicide prevention
-identifies risk factors and warning signs
-provides skills and resources to help prevent or intervene
-open to all UH Hilo students, staff, faculty and interested community members
Please RSVP: goo.gl/forms/g9U4z1v61hjtcrtV2
Did you know...
45% of middle school students and 19% of high school students in Hawaiʻi say they were bullied on school property?
24% of middle school students in Hawaiʻi seriously consider suicide, the highest in the nation?
15% of Hawaii students have actually made a plan for suicide?
source: Youth Risk Behavioral Surveillance System, CDC, 2015
If you or someone you know needs help, please seek support.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline:
suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ #: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: www.crisistextline.org/ Text "Aloha" to 741-741
For more information or for disability accommodation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 932-7465 or 932-7002 (TTY).
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7465
What's also happening?
|Week of April 29, 2018||Next →|
- Free Video Production workshop series
- Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. Topics range from producing and directing to broadcast platforms and selling yourself and your intellectual property. ...
- PIPES Internship applications accepted through February 8th
- The Pacific Internship Programs for Exploring Science is accepting applications through February 8th. Internships are available on Hawaiʻi, Maui, Oʻahu Molokaʻi, Kauaʻi, and across the Pacific. ...
- Go Global: Aotearoa Summer 2019
- Kia Ora! Immerse yourself in Maori culture, practices and history while living and engaging with the local Maori community in North Island, New Zealand (Aotearoa). ...
- Go Global: India (भारत) Summer 2019
- Spend three weeks in India exploring and learning about the history and culture of the country with History Professor Michael Skinner while earning three upper division credits. ...
- Study Abroad Photo Contest
- Submit your fun, exciting, adventurous or studious photos from any of your trips. It could be from your vacation, study abroad, national exchange journey or a trip with your exchange/international friends. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.