Silent Film Screening: Different From The Others - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Silent Film Screening: Different From The Others
Location: Wentworth Hall Room 1
The LGBTQ+ Center will be hosting a free film screening to honor GLSEN'S Day of Silence. DIFFERENT FROM THE OTHERS Directed by Richard Oswald, Germany, 1919. The German film, Different From the Others is, as far as we know, the first fiction feature film to address a specifically gay audience. Fortunately, even though more than 90% of all German silent films have disappeared, this film exists today in at least half its original length. This is a historical film, yet the content is still relevant today in addressing issues that impact the LGBTQ+ community.
Popcorn and Snacks Provided
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7939
What's also happening?
Week of April 22, 2018Next →
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.