Teen Health Camp - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Teen Health Camp
Location: Campus Center Plaza
Hilo Medical Center Foundation (HMCF) will host its annual Teen Health Camp at University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo (UH Hilo) on Thursday, March 29, 2018 from 8:30am to 1:00pm. Teen Health Camps are all student led and are free for middle and high school students to attend. A second camp will be held at Kealakehe High School on Saturday, April 7, 2018 from 8:00am to 3:30pm; registration is still open for the April 7th camp; please contact the Foundation office for more details or to register for this event.
Students participating in the Teen Health Camps participate in hands-on dynamic workshops to expose them to various healthcare careers located in Hawaiʻi. Students learn how to suture, put on an arm cast, and practice clinical skills such as taking blood pressures and calculating body mass indexes; which includes analyzing the data and how it relates to health.
As part of the Pre-Health Career Coprs program, HMCF partnered with the students in the UH Hilo school of Nursing BSN program as well as the following School of Pharmacy student organizations to make this event happen: ALOHA project, NCPA and APhA. In addition, Hui Mālama Ola Nā ʻŌiwi joins the camp this year along with UH Hilo nurses in training to share their knowledge and teach clinical skills.
Nearly 40 health career pathway students are participating to teach workshops to 300 local high school students for the camp on Thursday, March 29, 2018! This is a wonderful collaborative effort to encourage local students into health careers and keep them working on Hawaiʻi Island to solve our shortage of workers available to enter health careers.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 430-1807
What's also happening?
Week of March 25, 2018Next →
Holiday observed: Prince Jonah Kūhiō Kalanianaʻole Day
Holiday observed: Good Friday
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.