Public Philosophy lecture: Sydney Morrow - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Public Philosophy lecture: Sydney Morrow
Please come join us for this Public Lecture on Philosophy:
Societal Inclusivity in an Age of American Isolationism: The Problem of Homelessness Among Kānaka Maoli
Presented by Sydney Morrow, ABD, Lecturer UH Hilo Philosophy
Date: Thursday, April 5
Time: 5pm - 6:30
This presentation compares perspectives on association and isolation as part of Sydney’s continuing research on poverty and homelessness in Hawaiʻi. She brings Chinese sociologist and anthropologist Fei Xiaotong’s (1910-2005) description of the social differences between China and the West to underline the harm done by American policies and isolationist attitudes that facilitate the exclusion of poor and unsheltered Native Hawaiians from public concern and culpability.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7230
What's also happening?
Week of April 1, 2018Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.