Campus & Community Service Spring Food Drive - Announcement Details
This announcement has concluded and is no longer current.
Campus & Community Service Spring Food Drive
It’s that time of year again! Campus and Community Service is holding the Annual Spring Food Drive in conjunction with the University of Hawaiʻi State Food Drive. All donations will be given to the Hawaiʻi Island Food Basket to help fight hunger right here on Hawaiʻi Island.
This year, the food drive will run from Monday, April 9, 2018 through Friday, April 27, 2018. Please bring your non-perishable goods to one of our donation locations around campus: Campus Center Room 210, Campus Center Room 312, the University Concierge desk, the Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs office, the Mo’okini Library lobby, or the Performing Arts Center lobby. All donations can be dropped off during each location's normal business hours (please see their websites for that information). Monetary donations can also be made in the change buckets in the Campus Center Sodexo Dining Hall or online at www.hawaiifoodbank.org/donate. Please be sure to put “UH HILO” in the second line of the address to ensure that the donation gets credited to our campus.
Each year the Food Basket serves 1 in 5 Hawaiʻi residents with their programs, providing nutritional assistance to those who are most vulnerable in our communities. With a donation of $10 the food basket can provide as many as 25 meals!
Mahalo Nui in advance for your participation!
Campus & Community Service is a Campus Center program.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7796
What's also happening?
Week of April 22, 2018Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.