Mapping change at the Maunakea summit - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Mapping change at the Maunakea summit
Location: UH Hilo Wentworth Hall Room #1
A Maunakea Speaker Series presentation by Dr. Ryan Perroy, Associate Professor in the Department of Geography & Environmental Science at the University of Hawaii at Hilo and Director of the Spatial Data Analysis & Visualization (SDAV) Research Laboratory.
Over the past five years Dr. Perroy and his students at UH Hilo have compiled a time-series of high resolution topographic datasets to determine erosion rates and spatial patterns of geomorphic change across the upper Maunakea summit region. These efforts included terrestrial laser scanning, repeat flights of small unmanned aerial systems, ground photography, and traditional surveying measures via total station and differential GPS. This talk will share some of the results of this work.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 933-0734
What's also happening?
Week of April 22, 2018Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.