Mapping change at the Maunakea summit - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Mapping change at the Maunakea summit
Location: UH Hilo Wentworth Hall Room #1
A Maunakea Speaker Series presentation by Dr. Ryan Perroy, Associate Professor in the Department of Geography & Environmental Science at the University of Hawaii at Hilo and Director of the Spatial Data Analysis & Visualization (SDAV) Research Laboratory.
Over the past five years Dr. Perroy and his students at UH Hilo have compiled a time-series of high resolution topographic datasets to determine erosion rates and spatial patterns of geomorphic change across the upper Maunakea summit region. These efforts included terrestrial laser scanning, repeat flights of small unmanned aerial systems, ground photography, and traditional surveying measures via total station and differential GPS. This talk will share some of the results of this work.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 933-0734
What's also happening?
Week of April 22, 2018Next →
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.