Public Lecture by Rev. Dr. Angela Yarber-Holy Women Icons - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Public Lecture by Rev. Dr. Angela Yarber-Holy Women Icons
Location: Campus Center 301
The Public is invited to a Free public lecture presented by Rev. Dr. Angela Yarber, Author, Artist and Executive Director of the Holy Women Icons Project.
Title: Holy Women Icons: Honoring Women’s History Month
Abstract: The Holy Women Icons Project seeks to empower marginalized women by telling the stories of revolutionary holy women through art, writing, and special events. Undergirded by an intersectionally ecofeminist philosophy, this event includes a pop-up art show of folk-feminist iconography, a lecture featuring the stories and images of revolutionary women often overlooked throughout history, and a book signing of Holy Women Icons. From Sappho, Perpetua, and Felicity to Pauli Murray and Gloria Anzalduá, celebrate Women’s History Month by exploring the lives, legends, and legacies of revolutionary historical women who have subverted the status quo in art, philosophy, dance, civil rights, religion, and activism.
The event is sponsored by: the Philosophy Department, Hawaiʻi Island Philosophy Club, the Gender and Women's Studies Program and the Women's Center.
For more information about this event, contact: Dr. Celia Bardwell-Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
For accommodations, contact Disability Services Office (808) 932-7623
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7230
What's also happening?
Week of March 11, 2018Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.