Public Lecture by Rev. Dr. Angela Yarber-Holy Women Icons - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Public Lecture by Rev. Dr. Angela Yarber-Holy Women Icons
Location: Campus Center 301
The Public is invited to a Free public lecture presented by Rev. Dr. Angela Yarber, Author, Artist and Executive Director of the Holy Women Icons Project.
Title: Holy Women Icons: Honoring Women’s History Month
Abstract: The Holy Women Icons Project seeks to empower marginalized women by telling the stories of revolutionary holy women through art, writing, and special events. Undergirded by an intersectionally ecofeminist philosophy, this event includes a pop-up art show of folk-feminist iconography, a lecture featuring the stories and images of revolutionary women often overlooked throughout history, and a book signing of Holy Women Icons. From Sappho, Perpetua, and Felicity to Pauli Murray and Gloria Anzalduá, celebrate Women’s History Month by exploring the lives, legends, and legacies of revolutionary historical women who have subverted the status quo in art, philosophy, dance, civil rights, religion, and activism.
The event is sponsored by: the Philosophy Department, Hawaiʻi Island Philosophy Club, the Gender and Women's Studies Program and the Women's Center.
For more information about this event, contact: Dr. Celia Bardwell-Jones, email@example.com
For accommodations, contact Disability Services Office (808) 932-7623
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7230
What's also happening?
|Week of March 11, 2018||Next →|
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.