Public Lecture by Rev. Dr. Angela Yarber-Holy Women Icons - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Public Lecture by Rev. Dr. Angela Yarber-Holy Women Icons
Location: Campus Center 301
The Public is invited to a Free public lecture presented by Rev. Dr. Angela Yarber, Author, Artist and Executive Director of the Holy Women Icons Project.
Title: Holy Women Icons: Honoring Women’s History Month
Abstract: The Holy Women Icons Project seeks to empower marginalized women by telling the stories of revolutionary holy women through art, writing, and special events. Undergirded by an intersectionally ecofeminist philosophy, this event includes a pop-up art show of folk-feminist iconography, a lecture featuring the stories and images of revolutionary women often overlooked throughout history, and a book signing of Holy Women Icons. From Sappho, Perpetua, and Felicity to Pauli Murray and Gloria Anzalduá, celebrate Women’s History Month by exploring the lives, legends, and legacies of revolutionary historical women who have subverted the status quo in art, philosophy, dance, civil rights, religion, and activism.
The event is sponsored by: the Philosophy Department, Hawaiʻi Island Philosophy Club, the Gender and Women's Studies Program and the Women's Center.
For more information about this event, contact: Dr. Celia Bardwell-Jones, email@example.com
For accommodations, contact Disability Services Office (808) 932-7623
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7230
What's also happening?
Week of March 11, 2018Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.