Public Lecture by Rev. Dr. Angela Yarber-Holy Women Icons - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Public Lecture by Rev. Dr. Angela Yarber-Holy Women Icons
Location: Campus Center 301
The Public is invited to a Free public lecture presented by Rev. Dr. Angela Yarber, Author, Artist and Executive Director of the Holy Women Icons Project.
Title: Holy Women Icons: Honoring Women’s History Month
Abstract: The Holy Women Icons Project seeks to empower marginalized women by telling the stories of revolutionary holy women through art, writing, and special events. Undergirded by an intersectionally ecofeminist philosophy, this event includes a pop-up art show of folk-feminist iconography, a lecture featuring the stories and images of revolutionary women often overlooked throughout history, and a book signing of Holy Women Icons. From Sappho, Perpetua, and Felicity to Pauli Murray and Gloria Anzalduá, celebrate Women’s History Month by exploring the lives, legends, and legacies of revolutionary historical women who have subverted the status quo in art, philosophy, dance, civil rights, religion, and activism.
The event is sponsored by: the Philosophy Department, Hawaiʻi Island Philosophy Club, the Gender and Women's Studies Program and the Women's Center.
For more information about this event, contact: Dr. Celia Bardwell-Jones, firstname.lastname@example.org
For accommodations, contact Disability Services Office (808) 932-7623
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7230
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of March 11, 2018||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.