Pluto Palooza: NASA's New Horizons Mission to Pluto & Beyond - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Pluto Palooza: NASA's New Horizons Mission to Pluto & Beyond
Location: Science & Technologies Bldg, STB 108
Meet the men and women of the New Horizon's mission as they share their stories of Pluto and beyond! 4 NASA scientists are here for a fun and fact filled event as our contribution to the Journey Through the Universe Program.
- Marc Buie, longtime “Pluto-phile", discovered Kuiper Belt Object, MU69 New Horizons’ next fly target
- Veronica Bray, planetary geologist, comparing volcanoes & glaciers on Hawaii and Pluto!
- Randy Monroe, science educator, stepson of Jim Christy, discoverer of Pluto’s giant moon, Charon
- Alice Bowman, MOM (Mission Ops Manager) responsible for spacecraft safety and mission success
Learn more at www.gemini.edu/journey/#events
Special Restrictions: Suitable for all students, university and secondary! Family friendly.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 896-6582
What's also happening?
Week of March 4, 2018Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.