Grief Support Group - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Grief Support Group
Location: SSC E-228 at the end of the hall on the second floor of the Student Services Center
The loss of a family member, close friend, or a beloved pet can be one of the most challenging realities we face in life, and the resulting grief can feel overwhelming at times.
This group is designed for students who are experiencing loss/grief and would like a place to share common challenges with those who understand. Members will also learn effective coping techniques. There is very strong evidence showing that support groups are very effective in helping college students to feel better through understanding and connection.
The group will meet Wednesdays from 3:30 - 4:30 pm in SSC E-228, at the end of the hall on the second floor of the Student Services Center from February 7 - April 18.
This is a drop-in group. Please feel free to stop by for support when you miss a loved one. For questions or disability accommodations call 808-932-7465 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7465
What's also happening?
Week of February 18, 2018Next →
Holiday observed: Presidents’ Day
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- Volunteers Needed for Science Olympiad Tournament
- Aloha kākou, The Center for Community Engagement & the Office of Research and Community Partnerships are hosting the 2020 Science Olympiad Hawaiʻi Island regional tournament for middle and high school students on February 8, 2020. ...
- International Nights Tickets on Sale Now!
- Celebrate the cultural diversity at UH Hilo at the 45th annual International Nights! The shows will be on Friday, February 21 and Saturday, February 22 at 7:30 pm at the UH Hilo Performing Arts Center. ...
- Summer Study Abroad Programs
- Why not spend your summer abroad in Europe, Asia or South America? UH Hilo has opportunities available with Univesities in Brazil, China, France, Hungary, Japan, Scotland, and South Korea. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.