The Vagina Monologues, by Eve Ensler, a staged reading - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Vagina Monologues, by Eve Ensler, a staged reading
Location: UH Hilo Old Gym
Join a diverse cast of UH Hilo students and other community members in the 20th anniversary performance of an Obie Award-winning whirlwind tour of a forbidden zone, The Vagina Monologues introduces a wildly divergent gathering of female voices, including a six-year-old girl, a septuagenarian New Yorker, a vagina workshop participant, a woman who witnesses the birth of her granddaughter, a Bosnian survivor of rape, and a feminist happy to have found a man who “liked to look at it.”
“Ensler breaks taboos by talking, talking and talking some more—stripping fear and shame from what she celebrates here. It makes for quite a party. Funny, outrageous, emotionally affecting, and occasionally angry…The Vagina Monologues confront words to demystify and disarm them. In so doing, Ensler disarms the audience too.”
– Associated Press
Special Restrictions: Community Resource Fair at 6pm
Event Showtime 6:30pm
Talk Back Discussion to Follow
Suggested Donation $10-$20
Ticket Sales Contact:
Laura Sherwood (firstname.lastname@example.org)
HawCC Info Center 808-934-2800 / email@example.com
Volunteers Welcome, Contact Trina Nahm-Mijo at firstname.lastname@example.org
For accommodations, contact the Disability Services Office at 808-932-7623
90% of the proceeds after expenses will be donated to the YWCA - Sexual Assault Support Services and the HawCC Domestic Violence Summit to be held October 2018
For questions about this event, please contact Karishma Kamath at email@example.com
This event is sponsored by the UH Hilo Women's Center and Gender & Women's Studies Program; Hawai'i Community College; and the Grassroots Community Development Group.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7381
What's also happening?
|Week of February 11, 2018||Next →|
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.