The Vagina Monologues, by Eve Ensler, a staged reading - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Vagina Monologues, by Eve Ensler, a staged reading
Location: UH Hilo Old Gym
Join a diverse cast of UH Hilo students and other community members in the 20th anniversary performance of an Obie Award-winning whirlwind tour of a forbidden zone, The Vagina Monologues introduces a wildly divergent gathering of female voices, including a six-year-old girl, a septuagenarian New Yorker, a vagina workshop participant, a woman who witnesses the birth of her granddaughter, a Bosnian survivor of rape, and a feminist happy to have found a man who “liked to look at it.”
“Ensler breaks taboos by talking, talking and talking some more—stripping fear and shame from what she celebrates here. It makes for quite a party. Funny, outrageous, emotionally affecting, and occasionally angry…The Vagina Monologues confront words to demystify and disarm them. In so doing, Ensler disarms the audience too.”
– Associated Press
Special Restrictions: Community Resource Fair at 6pm
Event Showtime 6:30pm
Talk Back Discussion to Follow
Suggested Donation $10-$20
Ticket Sales Contact:
Laura Sherwood (email@example.com)
HawCC Info Center 808-934-2800 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Volunteers Welcome, Contact Trina Nahm-Mijo at email@example.com
For accommodations, contact the Disability Services Office at 808-932-7623
90% of the proceeds after expenses will be donated to the YWCA - Sexual Assault Support Services and the HawCC Domestic Violence Summit to be held October 2018
For questions about this event, please contact Karishma Kamath at firstname.lastname@example.org
This event is sponsored by the UH Hilo Women's Center and Gender & Women's Studies Program; Hawai'i Community College; and the Grassroots Community Development Group.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7381
What's also happening?
Week of February 11, 2018Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.