The Vagina Monologues, by Eve Ensler, a staged reading - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
The Vagina Monologues, by Eve Ensler, a staged reading
Location: UH Hilo Old Gym
Join a diverse cast of UH Hilo students and other community members in the 20th anniversary performance of an Obie Award-winning whirlwind tour of a forbidden zone, The Vagina Monologues introduces a wildly divergent gathering of female voices, including a six-year-old girl, a septuagenarian New Yorker, a vagina workshop participant, a woman who witnesses the birth of her granddaughter, a Bosnian survivor of rape, and a feminist happy to have found a man who “liked to look at it.”
“Ensler breaks taboos by talking, talking and talking some more—stripping fear and shame from what she celebrates here. It makes for quite a party. Funny, outrageous, emotionally affecting, and occasionally angry…The Vagina Monologues confront words to demystify and disarm them. In so doing, Ensler disarms the audience too.”
– Associated Press
Special Restrictions: Community Resource Fair at 6pm
Event Showtime 6:30pm
Talk Back Discussion to Follow
Suggested Donation $10-$20
Ticket Sales Contact:
Laura Sherwood (firstname.lastname@example.org)
HawCC Info Center 808-934-2800 / email@example.com
Volunteers Welcome, Contact Trina Nahm-Mijo at firstname.lastname@example.org
For accommodations, contact the Disability Services Office at 808-932-7623
90% of the proceeds after expenses will be donated to the YWCA - Sexual Assault Support Services and the HawCC Domestic Violence Summit to be held October 2018
For questions about this event, please contact Karishma Kamath at email@example.com
This event is sponsored by the UH Hilo Women's Center and Gender & Women's Studies Program; Hawai'i Community College; and the Grassroots Community Development Group.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7381
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of February 11, 2018||Next →|
- International Nights Tickets on Sale!
- Tickets for International Nights are now on sale! This annual event set for Friday, February 23 & Saturday, February 24 features performances from around the world. ...
- Campus and Community Service Book Drive
- Campus and Community Service, a Campus Center Fee Board program, is holding their 2nd annual Book Drive in conjunction with Read Across America. We are collecting children's books to donate to local elementary schools. ...
- Summer 2018 and Spring 2019 Study Abroad Application Due
- If you are considering studying abroad for Summer 2018 or Spring 2019, you need to submit your application by March 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application
- The 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application opened November 1, 2017. Go online to complete your application today and apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2018. ...
- Black History Month Events and Activities
- Black History Month (BHM) was established to recognize and celebrate the contributions of African Americans, and to remember profound African American leaders who have left behind a legacy that has inspired many. ...
- UHHSA RISO Funding Applications OPEN
- Calling all RISO Leaders! Just a reminder, the University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) is currently accepting RISO Funding Applications for Spring 2018. ...
- 2018-19 UH Hilo Student Association SPRING ELECTIONS
- Want to make an impact on campus? Become a leader in your student association! The University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) looks to accurately represent the views of the entire student body and serves as a liaison between ...
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.