2018 Sustainability in Higher Education Summit - LiveStream - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
2018 Sustainability in Higher Education Summit - LiveStream
Location: CyberCANOE lab, Library 350
The opening plenary session will be broadcast live from the National Energy Lab Hawaii (NELHA), and streamed live to www.facebook.com/uhsustainability/.
There will be a satellite location in the CyberCANOE lab on the UH Hilo campus showing the live stream of the event. The satellite location is located in the Mookini Library, room 350.
--- Speakers | Welina & Updates ---
- Rachel Solemsaas, Hawaiʻi CC Chancellor | Chancellor’s Welcome
- Gregory Barbour, NELHA Executive Director | Welcome to NELHA
- David Lassner, University of Hawaiʻi President | President’s remarks
- John DeFries, Board President, Friends of the Future and Board Member Emeritus,
- Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability at Arizona State University | Mālama Hawaiʻi
- Matthew K Lynch, UH System Sustainability Coordinator | Annual Sustainability Update
--- Panel | Climate Change and Our Futures ---
- Erik Assadourian, Senior Fellow at the Worldwatch Institute | Is Sustainability Still Possible?
- Chip Flectcher, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at UH Mānoa School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology | Climate Change Impacts to Hawaiʻi
- Krista Hiser, UH System Sustainability Curriculum Coordinator | Climate Change Communication: What Works?
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 8089327667
What's also happening?
Week of February 4, 2018Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.