2018 Sustainability in Higher Education Summit - LiveStream - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
2018 Sustainability in Higher Education Summit - LiveStream
Location: CyberCANOE lab, Library 350
The opening plenary session will be broadcast live from the National Energy Lab Hawaii (NELHA), and streamed live to www.facebook.com/uhsustainability/.
There will be a satellite location in the CyberCANOE lab on the UH Hilo campus showing the live stream of the event. The satellite location is located in the Mookini Library, room 350.
--- Speakers | Welina & Updates ---
- Rachel Solemsaas, Hawaiʻi CC Chancellor | Chancellor’s Welcome
- Gregory Barbour, NELHA Executive Director | Welcome to NELHA
- David Lassner, University of Hawaiʻi President | President’s remarks
- John DeFries, Board President, Friends of the Future and Board Member Emeritus,
- Julie Ann Wrigley Global Institute of Sustainability at Arizona State University | Mālama Hawaiʻi
- Matthew K Lynch, UH System Sustainability Coordinator | Annual Sustainability Update
--- Panel | Climate Change and Our Futures ---
- Erik Assadourian, Senior Fellow at the Worldwatch Institute | Is Sustainability Still Possible?
- Chip Flectcher, Associate Dean for Academic Affairs at UH Mānoa School of Ocean and Earth Science and Technology | Climate Change Impacts to Hawaiʻi
- Krista Hiser, UH System Sustainability Curriculum Coordinator | Climate Change Communication: What Works?
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org 8089327667
What's also happening?
|Week of February 4, 2018||Next →|
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2019 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- Anxiety Support Group
- The Anxiety Support Group is for students who experience anxiety (test, social, general, etc.) and would like a place to share common challenges and triumphs with others who understand. ...
- LGBTQIA+ Support Group
- The LGBTQIA+ Support Group is for students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA+ community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, confidential setting. ...
- Love Yourself: Body Wellness and ED Support Group
- Counseling Services is hosting a support group for students with body image concerns called "Love Yourself: Body Wellness and Eating Disorders. ...
- Go Global: France Summer 2019
- Spend your summer participating in an INTENSIVE 4-week program taught in English through ESSCA: School of Management. ...
- APIA Scholarships
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Participant Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a participant remember that the final deadline to apply is January 14, 2019, with a priority deadline on November 16. ...
- All those INTERESTED in getting INVOLVED! Relay For Life is recruiting committee members! Relay For Life is the only all night event on campus during the Spring semester. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. For the registration pack and information regard UH Hilo clubs please visit our website. hilo.hawaii. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.