Collaborative Online International Learning Info Session - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Collaborative Online International Learning Info Session
Location: Student Services Center Room W-201
Faculty and staff are invited to this session to learn about Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL). COIL is an emerging way to open opportunities for global learning and cross-cultural experiences to a greater number of students through virtual and non-virtual methods. COIL has been adopted by many universities in the US and worldwide, using technology and collaborative partnerships to bridge learning and teaching internationally. Register online at go.hawaii.edu/BJf. Lunch will be provided for participants.
Through the support of the UH Hilo Professional Development Funds, the sessions will be conducted by Dr. Jon Rubin and Dr. Keiko Ikeda. Dr. Rubin was the founder and director of the SUNY COIL Center for over 10 years. Prior to becoming director, he was a professor of Film & New Media at SUNY Purchase where he developed a cross-cultural video course in which students co-produced videos with students in Turkey, Mexico, Belarus and Germany. His films have been shown at the Museum of Modern Art and he has received Guggenheim, National Endowment for the Arts, Ford Foundation and Fulbright fellowships. Dr. Ikeda is the Vice Director of the Center for International Education at Kansai University in Osaka, Japan. She earned a PhD in Linguistics from UH Manoa. Her work focuses on internationalization of the curriculum, online cross-cultural learning and teaching, and creating transnational educational programs. With Dr. Rubin, she facilitated the first COIL Academy at the American Council on Education in 2017 in Washington, DC.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7467
Tags: international global
What's also happening?
Week of February 4, 2018Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.