Collaborative Online International Learning Info Session - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Collaborative Online International Learning Info Session
Location: Student Services Center Room W-201
Faculty and staff are invited to this session to learn about Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL). COIL is an emerging way to open opportunities for global learning and cross-cultural experiences to a greater number of students through virtual and non-virtual methods. COIL has been adopted by many universities in the US and worldwide, using technology and collaborative partnerships to bridge learning and teaching internationally. Register online at go.hawaii.edu/BJf. Lunch will be provided for participants.
Through the support of the UH Hilo Professional Development Funds, the sessions will be conducted by Dr. Jon Rubin and Dr. Keiko Ikeda. Dr. Rubin was the founder and director of the SUNY COIL Center for over 10 years. Prior to becoming director, he was a professor of Film & New Media at SUNY Purchase where he developed a cross-cultural video course in which students co-produced videos with students in Turkey, Mexico, Belarus and Germany. His films have been shown at the Museum of Modern Art and he has received Guggenheim, National Endowment for the Arts, Ford Foundation and Fulbright fellowships. Dr. Ikeda is the Vice Director of the Center for International Education at Kansai University in Osaka, Japan. She earned a PhD in Linguistics from UH Manoa. Her work focuses on internationalization of the curriculum, online cross-cultural learning and teaching, and creating transnational educational programs. With Dr. Rubin, she facilitated the first COIL Academy at the American Council on Education in 2017 in Washington, DC.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7467
Tags: international global
What's also happening?
Week of February 4, 2018Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.