Collaborative Online International Learning Info Session - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Collaborative Online International Learning Info Session
Location: Student Services Center Room W-201
Faculty and staff are invited to this session to learn about Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL). COIL is an emerging way to open opportunities for global learning and cross-cultural experiences to a greater number of students through virtual and non-virtual methods. COIL has been adopted by many universities in the US and worldwide, using technology and collaborative partnerships to bridge learning and teaching internationally. Register online at go.hawaii.edu/BJf. Lunch will be provided for participants.
Through the support of the UH Hilo Professional Development Funds, the sessions will be conducted by Dr. Jon Rubin and Dr. Keiko Ikeda. Dr. Rubin was the founder and director of the SUNY COIL Center for over 10 years. Prior to becoming director, he was a professor of Film & New Media at SUNY Purchase where he developed a cross-cultural video course in which students co-produced videos with students in Turkey, Mexico, Belarus and Germany. His films have been shown at the Museum of Modern Art and he has received Guggenheim, National Endowment for the Arts, Ford Foundation and Fulbright fellowships. Dr. Ikeda is the Vice Director of the Center for International Education at Kansai University in Osaka, Japan. She earned a PhD in Linguistics from UH Manoa. Her work focuses on internationalization of the curriculum, online cross-cultural learning and teaching, and creating transnational educational programs. With Dr. Rubin, she facilitated the first COIL Academy at the American Council on Education in 2017 in Washington, DC.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7467
Tags: international global
What's also happening?
|Week of February 4, 2018||Next →|
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.