Collaborative Online International Learning Info Session - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Collaborative Online International Learning Info Session
Location: Student Services Center Room W-201
Faculty and staff are invited to this session to learn about Collaborative Online International Learning (COIL). COIL is an emerging way to open opportunities for global learning and cross-cultural experiences to a greater number of students through virtual and non-virtual methods. COIL has been adopted by many universities in the US and worldwide, using technology and collaborative partnerships to bridge learning and teaching internationally. Register online at go.hawaii.edu/BJf. Lunch will be provided for participants.
Through the support of the UH Hilo Professional Development Funds, the sessions will be conducted by Dr. Jon Rubin and Dr. Keiko Ikeda. Dr. Rubin was the founder and director of the SUNY COIL Center for over 10 years. Prior to becoming director, he was a professor of Film & New Media at SUNY Purchase where he developed a cross-cultural video course in which students co-produced videos with students in Turkey, Mexico, Belarus and Germany. His films have been shown at the Museum of Modern Art and he has received Guggenheim, National Endowment for the Arts, Ford Foundation and Fulbright fellowships. Dr. Ikeda is the Vice Director of the Center for International Education at Kansai University in Osaka, Japan. She earned a PhD in Linguistics from UH Manoa. Her work focuses on internationalization of the curriculum, online cross-cultural learning and teaching, and creating transnational educational programs. With Dr. Rubin, she facilitated the first COIL Academy at the American Council on Education in 2017 in Washington, DC.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7467
Tags: international global
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of February 4, 2018||Next →|
- International Nights Tickets on Sale!
- Tickets for International Nights are now on sale! This annual event set for Friday, February 23 & Saturday, February 24 features performances from around the world. ...
- Campus and Community Service Book Drive
- Campus and Community Service, a Campus Center Fee Board program, is holding their 2nd annual Book Drive in conjunction with Read Across America. We are collecting children's books to donate to local elementary schools. ...
- Summer 2018 and Spring 2019 Study Abroad Application Due
- If you are considering studying abroad for Summer 2018 or Spring 2019, you need to submit your application by March 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application
- The 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application opened November 1, 2017. Go online to complete your application today and apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2018. ...
- Black History Month Events and Activities
- Black History Month (BHM) was established to recognize and celebrate the contributions of African Americans, and to remember profound African American leaders who have left behind a legacy that has inspired many. ...
- UHHSA RISO Funding Applications OPEN
- Calling all RISO Leaders! Just a reminder, the University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) is currently accepting RISO Funding Applications for Spring 2018. ...
- 2018-19 UH Hilo Student Association SPRING ELECTIONS
- Want to make an impact on campus? Become a leader in your student association! The University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) looks to accurately represent the views of the entire student body and serves as a liaison between ...
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.