Traditional Japanese Arts Concert in Hawaii - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Traditional Japanese Arts Concert in Hawaii
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Enjoy a performance of traditional Japanese arts performed by Shamisen Master Goshiro Kineya. Become enchanted as you hear delightful Japanese melodies and the theatrical music of Kabuki traditions performed by 60+ artists from Japan on traditional instruments: Shamisen, Koto, Shakuhachi, and Yokobue (Japanese flute). Experience the grace and beauty of classical Japanese dance performed to live music. The artists, from all parts of Japan, are excited to share the traditions and culture of Japan with audiences in Hawaiʻi. Mr. Kineya hopes that sharing these time-honored practices will contribute, in a small way, to fostering a vibrant cultural exchange between Japan and the US, in particular Hawaiʻi. He says, “Thank you for this opportunity and we look forward to seeing you all!”
Special Restrictions: Tickets are: Advance Sales: $20 General, $15 Discount, $10 UHH/HCC Student (With VALID ID)/Child 17 & under
At the Door: $25 General, $20 Discount, $15 UHH/HCC Student (With VALID ID)/Child 17 & under
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7490
Tags: Theatre Music Dance
What's also happening?
|Week of February 11, 2018||Next →|
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly check our page, hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.