Traditional Japanese Arts Concert in Hawaii - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Traditional Japanese Arts Concert in Hawaii
Location: UH Hilo Performing Arts Center
Enjoy a performance of traditional Japanese arts performed by Shamisen Master Goshiro Kineya. Become enchanted as you hear delightful Japanese melodies and the theatrical music of Kabuki traditions performed by 60+ artists from Japan on traditional instruments: Shamisen, Koto, Shakuhachi, and Yokobue (Japanese flute). Experience the grace and beauty of classical Japanese dance performed to live music. The artists, from all parts of Japan, are excited to share the traditions and culture of Japan with audiences in Hawaiʻi. Mr. Kineya hopes that sharing these time-honored practices will contribute, in a small way, to fostering a vibrant cultural exchange between Japan and the US, in particular Hawaiʻi. He says, “Thank you for this opportunity and we look forward to seeing you all!”
Special Restrictions: Tickets are: Advance Sales: $20 General, $15 Discount, $10 UHH/HCC Student (With VALID ID)/Child 17 & under
At the Door: $25 General, $20 Discount, $15 UHH/HCC Student (With VALID ID)/Child 17 & under
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7490
Tags: Theatre Music Dance
What's also happening?
Week of February 11, 2018Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.