safeTALK Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
safeTALK Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
Location: University Classroom Bldg (UCB) - 115
This workshop will help you to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide. You will become a "safeTALK-trained suicide alert helper," which will allow you to move beyond the common tendency to dismiss or avoid suicide. This training will provide instruction in how to properly connect a person with thoughts of suicide to first aid and intervention caregivers.
SafeTALK is brought to you through Student Health & Wellness Programs in partnership with Hawaii Department of Health and the Prevent Suicide Hawaii Task Force.
Yolisa Duley, Co-chair for the UH Hilo Suicide Prevention Committee and Chair for the East Hawaii Suicide Prevention Task Force, and Sulma Gandhi, will be facilitating this training.
To register for the training, please go to the link below:
For questions about the training, please contact Yolisa Duley at: email@example.com or Emily Low at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Those who are struggling with a recent loss to suicide (within the past 2 years), may find attending a suicide prevention training very difficult. Please take time to truly evaluate your readiness to attend.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ #: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: www.crisistextline.org or Text "Aloha" to 741-741
Special Restrictions: RSVP Required. Register at https://goo.gl/forms/sHughAKda9UencWA2
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7466
What's also happening?
|Week of February 4, 2018||Next →|
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.