safeTALK Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
safeTALK Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
Location: University Classroom Bldg (UCB) - 115
This workshop will help you to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide. You will become a "safeTALK-trained suicide alert helper," which will allow you to move beyond the common tendency to dismiss or avoid suicide. This training will provide instruction in how to properly connect a person with thoughts of suicide to first aid and intervention caregivers.
SafeTALK is brought to you through Student Health & Wellness Programs in partnership with Hawaii Department of Health and the Prevent Suicide Hawaii Task Force.
Yolisa Duley, Co-chair for the UH Hilo Suicide Prevention Committee and Chair for the East Hawaii Suicide Prevention Task Force, and Sulma Gandhi, will be facilitating this training.
To register for the training, please go to the link below:
For questions about the training, please contact Yolisa Duley at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Emily Low at email@example.com.
Please note: Those who are struggling with a recent loss to suicide (within the past 2 years), may find attending a suicide prevention training very difficult. Please take time to truly evaluate your readiness to attend.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ #: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: www.crisistextline.org or Text "Aloha" to 741-741
Special Restrictions: RSVP Required. Register at https://goo.gl/forms/sHughAKda9UencWA2
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7466
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of February 4, 2018||Next →|
- International Nights Tickets on Sale!
- Tickets for International Nights are now on sale! This annual event set for Friday, February 23 & Saturday, February 24 features performances from around the world. ...
- Campus and Community Service Book Drive
- Campus and Community Service, a Campus Center Fee Board program, is holding their 2nd annual Book Drive in conjunction with Read Across America. We are collecting children's books to donate to local elementary schools. ...
- Summer 2018 and Spring 2019 Study Abroad Application Due
- If you are considering studying abroad for Summer 2018 or Spring 2019, you need to submit your application by March 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application
- The 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application opened November 1, 2017. Go online to complete your application today and apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2018. ...
- Black History Month Events and Activities
- Black History Month (BHM) was established to recognize and celebrate the contributions of African Americans, and to remember profound African American leaders who have left behind a legacy that has inspired many. ...
- UHHSA RISO Funding Applications OPEN
- Calling all RISO Leaders! Just a reminder, the University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) is currently accepting RISO Funding Applications for Spring 2018. ...
- 2018-19 UH Hilo Student Association SPRING ELECTIONS
- Want to make an impact on campus? Become a leader in your student association! The University of Hawaii at Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) looks to accurately represent the views of the entire student body and serves as a liaison between ...
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.