safeTALK Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
safeTALK Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
Location: University Classroom Bldg (UCB) - 115
This workshop will help you to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide. You will become a "safeTALK-trained suicide alert helper," which will allow you to move beyond the common tendency to dismiss or avoid suicide. This training will provide instruction in how to properly connect a person with thoughts of suicide to first aid and intervention caregivers.
SafeTALK is brought to you through Student Health & Wellness Programs in partnership with Hawaii Department of Health and the Prevent Suicide Hawaii Task Force.
Yolisa Duley, Co-chair for the UH Hilo Suicide Prevention Committee and Chair for the East Hawaii Suicide Prevention Task Force, and Sulma Gandhi, will be facilitating this training.
To register for the training, please go to the link below:
For questions about the training, please contact Yolisa Duley at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Emily Low at email@example.com.
Please note: Those who are struggling with a recent loss to suicide (within the past 2 years), may find attending a suicide prevention training very difficult. Please take time to truly evaluate your readiness to attend.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ #: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: www.crisistextline.org or Text "Aloha" to 741-741
Special Restrictions: RSVP Required. Register at https://goo.gl/forms/sHughAKda9UencWA2
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7466
What's also happening?
Week of February 4, 2018Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.