safeTALK Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
safeTALK Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
Location: University Classroom Bldg (UCB) - 115
This workshop will help you to recognize and support a person with thoughts of suicide. You will become a "safeTALK-trained suicide alert helper," which will allow you to move beyond the common tendency to dismiss or avoid suicide. This training will provide instruction in how to properly connect a person with thoughts of suicide to first aid and intervention caregivers.
SafeTALK is brought to you through Student Health & Wellness Programs in partnership with Hawaii Department of Health and the Prevent Suicide Hawaii Task Force.
Yolisa Duley, Co-chair for the UH Hilo Suicide Prevention Committee and Chair for the East Hawaii Suicide Prevention Task Force, and Sulma Gandhi, will be facilitating this training.
To register for the training, please go to the link below:
For questions about the training, please contact Yolisa Duley at: firstname.lastname@example.org or Emily Low at email@example.com.
Please note: Those who are struggling with a recent loss to suicide (within the past 2 years), may find attending a suicide prevention training very difficult. Please take time to truly evaluate your readiness to attend.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: suicidepreventionlifeline.org/ #: 1-800-273-8255
Crisis Text Line: www.crisistextline.org or Text "Aloha" to 741-741
Special Restrictions: RSVP Required. Register at https://goo.gl/forms/sHughAKda9UencWA2
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7466
What's also happening?
|Week of February 4, 2018||Next →|
- Free Video Production workshop series
- Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. Topics range from producing and directing to broadcast platforms and selling yourself and your intellectual property. ...
- PIPES Internship applications accepted through February 8th
- The Pacific Internship Programs for Exploring Science is accepting applications through February 8th. Internships are available on Hawaiʻi, Maui, Oʻahu Molokaʻi, Kauaʻi, and across the Pacific. ...
- Go Global: Aotearoa Summer 2019
- Kia Ora! Immerse yourself in Maori culture, practices and history while living and engaging with the local Maori community in North Island, New Zealand (Aotearoa). ...
- Go Global: India (भारत) Summer 2019
- Spend three weeks in India exploring and learning about the history and culture of the country with History Professor Michael Skinner while earning three upper division credits. ...
- Study Abroad Photo Contest
- Submit your fun, exciting, adventurous or studious photos from any of your trips. It could be from your vacation, study abroad, national exchange journey or a trip with your exchange/international friends. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.