Community of Hei Workshops - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Community of Hei Workshops
Location: Student Services Center Rm W201
As part of our efforts to promote and support indigenous health and wellness on our campuses, we are launching the "Community of Hei" workshop series. Hei are traditional string figures that are powerful in their ability to sharpen focus, create intentions and to capture creative outcomes.
The word "Hei" means to capture in the Hawaiian Language. A culture nearly lost, be a part of the revival as we learn hei for personal, professional and community well being.
Please come join us for "Stepping into Multiple Identities with Pride" and "Building a strong psyche for empowerment and resiliency."
For more information please contact, Yolisa Duley at 808-932-7963 or firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7963
What's also happening?
Week of April 8, 2018Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.