Community of Hei Workshops - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Community of Hei Workshops
Location: Student Services Center Rm W201
As part of our efforts to promote and support indigenous health and wellness on our campuses, we are launching the "Community of Hei" workshop series. Hei are traditional string figures that are powerful in their ability to sharpen focus, create intentions and to capture creative outcomes.
The word "Hei" means to capture in the Hawaiian Language. A culture nearly lost, be a part of the revival as we learn hei for personal, professional and community well being.
Please come join us for "Stepping into Multiple Identities with Pride" and "Building a strong psyche for empowerment and resiliency."
For more information please contact, Yolisa Duley at 808-932-7963 or email@example.com
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7963
What's also happening?
|Week of April 8, 2018||Next →|
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly check our page, hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.