3rd Annual Hawai'i Island HOSA Regional Conference - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
3rd Annual Hawai'i Island HOSA Regional Conference
Location: UH Hilo, Science and Technology Building
The mission of HOSA is to empower HOSA-Future Health Professionals to become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience.
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
To promote physical, mental and social well being.
To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
To develop character.
To develop responsible citizenship traits.
To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
To encourage individual and group achievement.
To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
To promote career opportunities in health care.
Special Restrictions: Registered Members and Invited Guests only
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 463-9574
What's also happening?
|Week of January 14, 2018||Next →|
Holiday observed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Free Video Production workshop series
- Learn the principles of producing professional video content from two highly experienced entertainment industry producers. Topics range from producing and directing to broadcast platforms and selling yourself and your intellectual property. ...
- PIPES Internship applications accepted through February 8th
- The Pacific Internship Programs for Exploring Science is accepting applications through February 8th. Internships are available on Hawaiʻi, Maui, Oʻahu Molokaʻi, Kauaʻi, and across the Pacific. ...
- Go Global: Aotearoa Summer 2019
- Kia Ora! Immerse yourself in Maori culture, practices and history while living and engaging with the local Maori community in North Island, New Zealand (Aotearoa). ...
- Go Global: India (भारत) Summer 2019
- Spend three weeks in India exploring and learning about the history and culture of the country with History Professor Michael Skinner while earning three upper division credits. ...
- Study Abroad Photo Contest
- Submit your fun, exciting, adventurous or studious photos from any of your trips. It could be from your vacation, study abroad, national exchange journey or a trip with your exchange/international friends. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.