3rd Annual Hawai'i Island HOSA Regional Conference - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
3rd Annual Hawai'i Island HOSA Regional Conference
Location: UH Hilo, Science and Technology Building
The mission of HOSA is to empower HOSA-Future Health Professionals to become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience.
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
To promote physical, mental and social well being.
To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
To develop character.
To develop responsible citizenship traits.
To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
To encourage individual and group achievement.
To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
To promote career opportunities in health care.
Special Restrictions: Registered Members and Invited Guests only
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 463-9574
What's also happening?
|Week of January 14, 2018||Next →|
Holiday observed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Campus & Community Service Spring Food Drive
- It’s that time of year again! Campus and Community Service is holding the Annual Spring Food Drive in conjunction with the University of Hawaiʻi State Food Drive. ...
- Looking For Gender And Women's Studies Club Officers
- Aloha! We are trying to revive the Gender and Women's Studies club here at UH Hilo campus. As of right now, we are looking for students who would be interested in becoming an officer. All ideas and interests are welcome. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatitis C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Testing is Anonymous, Safe & Fast! More info at hilo.hawaii.edu/studentaffairs/health/#hiv
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Study Abroad Applications Due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.