3rd Annual Hawai'i Island HOSA Regional Conference - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
3rd Annual Hawai'i Island HOSA Regional Conference
Location: UH Hilo, Science and Technology Building
The mission of HOSA is to empower HOSA-Future Health Professionals to become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience.
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
To promote physical, mental and social well being.
To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
To develop character.
To develop responsible citizenship traits.
To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
To encourage individual and group achievement.
To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
To promote career opportunities in health care.
Special Restrictions: Registered Members and Invited Guests only
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 463-9574
What's also happening?
|Week of January 14, 2018||Next →|
Holiday observed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- UH Hilo Student Association Vacancies
- UH Hilo Students, are you interested in advocating for your peers and expanding your leadership opportunities? UH Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) might be the place for you. ...
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.