3rd Annual Hawai'i Island HOSA Regional Conference - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
3rd Annual Hawai'i Island HOSA Regional Conference
Location: UH Hilo, Science and Technology Building
The mission of HOSA is to empower HOSA-Future Health Professionals to become leaders in the global health community through education, collaboration, and experience.
The purpose of the HOSA organization is to develop leadership and technical HOSA skill competencies through a program of motivation, awareness and recognition, which is an integral part of the Health Science Education instructional program.
The goals that HOSA believes are vital to each member are:
To promote physical, mental and social well being.
To develop effective leadership qualities and skills.
To develop the ability to communicate more effectively with people.
To develop character.
To develop responsible citizenship traits.
To understand the importance of pleasing oneself as well as being of service to others.
To build self-confidence and pride in one's work.
To make realistic career choices and seek successful employment in the health care field.
To develop an understanding of the importance in interacting and cooperating with other students and organizations.
To encourage individual and group achievement.
To develop an understanding of current health care issues, environmental concerns, and survival needs of the community, the nation and the world.
To encourage involvement in local, state and national health care and education projects.
To support Health Science Education instructional objectives.
To promote career opportunities in health care.
Special Restrictions: Registered Members and Invited Guests only
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 463-9574
What's also happening?
|Week of January 14, 2018||Next →|
Holiday observed: Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
- Critical Language Scholarship Available
- The Summer 2019 Critical Language Scholarship application is now available. Spend 8-to-10 weeks abroad during the summer learning Azerbaijani, Bangla, Hindi, Indonesian, Korean, Punjabi, Swahili, Turkish, Urdu, Arabic, Persian, Chinese, ...
- Anxiety Support Group
- The Anxiety Support Group is for students who experience anxiety (test, social, general, etc.) and would like a place to share common challenges and triumphs with others who understand. ...
- LGBTQIA+ Support Group
- The LGBTQIA+ Support Group is for students who are questioning or identify as members of the LGBTQIA+ community. The purpose of the group is for members to get support from others in a safe, confidential setting. ...
- Love Yourself: Body Wellness and ED Support Group
- Counseling Services is hosting a support group for students with body image concerns called "Love Yourself: Body Wellness and Eating Disorders. ...
- Go Global: France Summer 2019
- Spend your summer participating in an INTENSIVE 4-week program taught in English through ESSCA: School of Management. ...
- APIA Scholarships
- UH Hilo undergraduate students of Native Hawaiian, Pacific Islander and Asian American backgrounds who are U.S. ...
- Break Thru Adventures (BTA) Participant Application Deadline
- Hey Vulcans! If any of you are interested in joining Break Thru Adventures as a participant remember that the final deadline to apply is January 14, 2019, with a priority deadline on November 16. ...
- All those INTERESTED in getting INVOLVED! Relay For Life is recruiting committee members! Relay For Life is the only all night event on campus during the Spring semester. ...
- 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2019-20 UH Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2018. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2019. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. For the registration pack and information regard UH Hilo clubs please visit our website. hilo.hawaii. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.