Dr. Bruce Jakosky, Public Talk on Mars and Terra-Forming - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Dr. Bruce Jakosky, Public Talk on Mars and Terra-Forming
The Evolution of Mars Atmosphere and Implications for Terra-forming Mars.
(or why you should be grateful for the Earth’s magnetic field every day)
Dr. Bruce Jakosky, Principal Investigator NASA Mars MAVEN Satellite Mission
7 PM, Friday, December 8th, 2017,
UH Hilo Science and Technology Building, Room 108.
The Earth is habitable due to a thin layer of oxygen and nitrogen gas blanketing our planet. Mars, the only other planet in our Solar System thought to be potentially habitable, has virtually no atmosphere. Was Mars always like this or has the atmosphere changed through time? And what does the magnetic field have to do with any of this? These are just some of the questions that the NASA MAVEN satellite mission to Mars was designed to answer. Launched in 2014, the MAVEN has been circling Mars collecting atmospheric data. Come hear about some of the exciting answers from the MAVEN Mission from Dr. Bruce Jakosky the Associate Director of the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics, University of Colorado at Boulder.
Sponsored by Hawaii Space Grant Consortium
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7332
What's also happening?
|Week of December 3, 2017||Next →|
- UH Hilo Student Association Vacancies
- UH Hilo Students, are you interested in advocating for your peers and expanding your leadership opportunities? UH Hilo Student Association (UHHSA) might be the place for you. ...
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.