Dr. Bruce Jakosky, Public Talk on Mars and Terra-Forming - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Dr. Bruce Jakosky, Public Talk on Mars and Terra-Forming
The Evolution of Mars Atmosphere and Implications for Terra-forming Mars.
(or why you should be grateful for the Earth’s magnetic field every day)
Dr. Bruce Jakosky, Principal Investigator NASA Mars MAVEN Satellite Mission
7 PM, Friday, December 8th, 2017,
UH Hilo Science and Technology Building, Room 108.
The Earth is habitable due to a thin layer of oxygen and nitrogen gas blanketing our planet. Mars, the only other planet in our Solar System thought to be potentially habitable, has virtually no atmosphere. Was Mars always like this or has the atmosphere changed through time? And what does the magnetic field have to do with any of this? These are just some of the questions that the NASA MAVEN satellite mission to Mars was designed to answer. Launched in 2014, the MAVEN has been circling Mars collecting atmospheric data. Come hear about some of the exciting answers from the MAVEN Mission from Dr. Bruce Jakosky the Associate Director of the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics, University of Colorado at Boulder.
Sponsored by Hawaii Space Grant Consortium
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7332
What's also happening?
Week of December 3, 2017Next →
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.