Dr. Bruce Jakosky, Public Talk on Mars and Terra-Forming - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Dr. Bruce Jakosky, Public Talk on Mars and Terra-Forming
The Evolution of Mars Atmosphere and Implications for Terra-forming Mars.
(or why you should be grateful for the Earth’s magnetic field every day)
Dr. Bruce Jakosky, Principal Investigator NASA Mars MAVEN Satellite Mission
7 PM, Friday, December 8th, 2017,
UH Hilo Science and Technology Building, Room 108.
The Earth is habitable due to a thin layer of oxygen and nitrogen gas blanketing our planet. Mars, the only other planet in our Solar System thought to be potentially habitable, has virtually no atmosphere. Was Mars always like this or has the atmosphere changed through time? And what does the magnetic field have to do with any of this? These are just some of the questions that the NASA MAVEN satellite mission to Mars was designed to answer. Launched in 2014, the MAVEN has been circling Mars collecting atmospheric data. Come hear about some of the exciting answers from the MAVEN Mission from Dr. Bruce Jakosky the Associate Director of the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics, University of Colorado at Boulder.
Sponsored by Hawaii Space Grant Consortium
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7332
What's also happening?
|← Previous||Week of December 3, 2017||Next →|
- APIASF General Scholarship
- Apply for the APIASF General Scholarship for the 2018-2019 school year! Scholarship awards range from one-time $2,500 awards to multi-year $20,000 awards. ...
- 2018-19 FAFSA Available Now
- Effective October 1, 2017, students can complete their 2018-19 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2018. ...
- Summer 2018 and Spring 2019 Study Abroad Application Due
- If you are considering studying abroad for Summer 2018 or Spring 2019, you need to submit your application by March 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application
- The 2018-19 UH System Common Scholarship Application opened November 1, 2017. Go online to complete your application today and apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2018. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.