Dr. Bruce Jakosky, Public Talk on Mars and Terra-Forming - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Dr. Bruce Jakosky, Public Talk on Mars and Terra-Forming
The Evolution of Mars Atmosphere and Implications for Terra-forming Mars.
(or why you should be grateful for the Earth’s magnetic field every day)
Dr. Bruce Jakosky, Principal Investigator NASA Mars MAVEN Satellite Mission
7 PM, Friday, December 8th, 2017,
UH Hilo Science and Technology Building, Room 108.
The Earth is habitable due to a thin layer of oxygen and nitrogen gas blanketing our planet. Mars, the only other planet in our Solar System thought to be potentially habitable, has virtually no atmosphere. Was Mars always like this or has the atmosphere changed through time? And what does the magnetic field have to do with any of this? These are just some of the questions that the NASA MAVEN satellite mission to Mars was designed to answer. Launched in 2014, the MAVEN has been circling Mars collecting atmospheric data. Come hear about some of the exciting answers from the MAVEN Mission from Dr. Bruce Jakosky the Associate Director of the Laboratory for Atmospheric and Space Physics, University of Colorado at Boulder.
Sponsored by Hawaii Space Grant Consortium
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7332
What's also happening?
Week of December 3, 2017Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.