Full Moon Meditation Walk - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Full Moon Meditation Walk
Location: 'Imiloa Astronomy Center Small Classroom
Join us in a Full Moon Meditation Walk at the ʻImiloa Astronomy Center on Tuesday, December 5, 2017 from 5:00 - 8:30 PM. Learn to practice and develop a consciousness of your body. Participants will be able to learn about the benefits of meditation as we explore the ʻImiloa Nature Walk and also return to do a walking meditation in the full moon. The workshop includes a light dinner and UH Hilo students must pre-register by November 30th with Leomi at email@example.com and/or 808-932-7377 to complete registration forms. Space is limited to 30 participants.
Ka Lama Kuʻs Coordinator, Leomi L Bergknut, is a meditation practitioner and recently received The Power of Awareness Meditation Certification with Jack Kornfield and Tara Brach with the Greater Good Science Center at the University of California, Berkeley.
The Full Moon Meditation Walk is once again being sponsored by the Campus Center's Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Program and the Student Activities Council. For disability accommodations, contact Leomi at 808-932-7377, 808-932-7007 (TTY) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Special Restrictions: UH Hilo Validated Student ID, Proof of Medical Insurance, Completion of Risk & Release Form, and wear walking shoes.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7377
What's also happening?
Week of December 3, 2017Next →
- Time Change for Vinyasa Yoga Class at Student Life Center
- Come challenge yourself and relax deeply with a Vinyasa Flow Yoga class at the Student Life Center! New times offered: Mondays and Fridays at 6 pm. Wednesday's class will continue to be at 7 pm.
- Fall submission now open: 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition
- The Student Arts Association is now accepting fall submissions for the 2020 Juried Student Art Exhibition. Fall submissions are open now till December 12th. ...
- Board of Media Broadcasting Positions Open
- The Board of Media Broadcasting is seeking students who are interested in getting more involved on campus and who are passionate about digital media particularly radio and video. ...
- Planning CoBE summer classes now: please take the survey
- Do you want to take a class in Sustainable Tourism for Hawaii and the Pacific? Social Media Analytics? Strategic Innovation? Retail Management? The College of Business and Economics is scheduling summer courses now. ...
- 13th Annual Korea-America Student Conference
- The 13th Korea-America Student Conference (KASC) will bring together Korean and American university students from a variety of academic disciplines to live, travel, and conduct original peer-reviewed research together. ...
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.