He Lani Ko Luna, A Sky Above - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
He Lani Ko Luna, A Sky Above
Location: Wentworth Hall Room #1
"In losing the sight of land, you discover the stars"
Kalepa Baybayan will share his knowledge of deep sea voyaging and oceanic wayfinding, the indigenous system of orientation and navigation at sea. His talk will also cover the recently completed Malama Honua Worldwide Voyage and the epic journey of the iconic double-hulled sailing canoe, Hokule'a, which traveled 42,000 nautical miles over 3 years, visiting 150 ports in over 20 countries, while training a new generation of navigators, educators, scientists, and community stewards.
The Maunakea Speaker Series is free and open to the public. On-campus parking is open and available without charge after 4:00 pm. For more information visit the Maunakea Speaker Series webpage, www.malamamaunakea.org/about-us/speaker-series or call 808-933-0734.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 933-0734
What's also happening?
Week of November 26, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.