He Lani Ko Luna, A Sky Above - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
He Lani Ko Luna, A Sky Above
Location: Wentworth Hall Room #1
"In losing the sight of land, you discover the stars"
Kalepa Baybayan will share his knowledge of deep sea voyaging and oceanic wayfinding, the indigenous system of orientation and navigation at sea. His talk will also cover the recently completed Malama Honua Worldwide Voyage and the epic journey of the iconic double-hulled sailing canoe, Hokule'a, which traveled 42,000 nautical miles over 3 years, visiting 150 ports in over 20 countries, while training a new generation of navigators, educators, scientists, and community stewards.
The Maunakea Speaker Series is free and open to the public. On-campus parking is open and available without charge after 4:00 pm. For more information visit the Maunakea Speaker Series webpage, www.malamamaunakea.org/about-us/speaker-series or call 808-933-0734.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 933-0734
What's also happening?
|Week of November 26, 2017||Next →|
- Campus & Community Service Spring Food Drive
- It’s that time of year again! Campus and Community Service is holding the Annual Spring Food Drive in conjunction with the University of Hawaiʻi State Food Drive. ...
- Looking For Gender And Women's Studies Club Officers
- Aloha! We are trying to revive the Gender and Women's Studies club here at UH Hilo campus. As of right now, we are looking for students who would be interested in becoming an officer. All ideas and interests are welcome. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatitis C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Testing is Anonymous, Safe & Fast! More info at hilo.hawaii.edu/studentaffairs/health/#hiv
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Study Abroad Applications Due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.