Compassion Fatigue: Preventing Burnout and Managing Stress - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Compassion Fatigue: Preventing Burnout and Managing Stress
Location: Student Services Building, Room W-201
Dr. Preston-Pita is the Executive Director of the Big Island
Substance Abuse Council and a licensed Clinical Psychologist as
well as Certified Substance Abuse Counselor. She has worked
extensively in rural health care and with various coalitions
including suicide prevention and intervention, drug-free
coalition, and a homelessness project.
- The signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue
- Stress management skills
- Preventative measures
- To develop and personal resilience plan
This event is sponsored by the Chancellor's Professional
Development Committee, UH Hilo Suicide Prevention Committee,
Counseling Services, and Minority Access and Achievement Program
(MAAP). Download a flyer at go.hawaii.edu/j7j
For more information or for disabilty accomodations, contact
Counseling Services at 932-7465 (V) firstname.lastname@example.org or
Disability Services 932-7002 (TTY)
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7465
What's also happening?
Week of October 29, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.