Compassion Fatigue: Preventing Burnout and Managing Stress - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Compassion Fatigue: Preventing Burnout and Managing Stress
Location: Student Services Building, Room W-201
Dr. Preston-Pita is the Executive Director of the Big Island
Substance Abuse Council and a licensed Clinical Psychologist as
well as Certified Substance Abuse Counselor. She has worked
extensively in rural health care and with various coalitions
including suicide prevention and intervention, drug-free
coalition, and a homelessness project.
- The signs and symptoms of compassion fatigue
- Stress management skills
- Preventative measures
- To develop and personal resilience plan
This event is sponsored by the Chancellor's Professional
Development Committee, UH Hilo Suicide Prevention Committee,
Counseling Services, and Minority Access and Achievement Program
(MAAP). Download a flyer at go.hawaii.edu/j7j
For more information or for disabilty accomodations, contact
Counseling Services at 932-7465 (V) email@example.com or
Disability Services 932-7002 (TTY)
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7465
What's also happening?
Week of October 29, 2017Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.