Blanketed By Blame - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Blanketed By Blame
Location: SSC W-201
A community-based approach to eliminating domestic violence.
Domestic violence affects all of us. It impacts all aspects of our community including community health, crime rates, the ability to participate in the workforce, child development, and family dynamics. This workshop addresses the pervasive nature of domestic violence and features Blanketed by Blame: Maria’s Story, a skit that explores the importance of community awareness and accountability in eliminating the myths that continue to perpetuate domestic violence. Jennifer Rose, a Filipino activist, attorney, and educator on the intersections of gender-based violence, civil and immigrant rights, will facilitate the workshop and lead a discussion on how our communities work better when each citizen feels safe, secure and free from the threat of domestic violence in all forms.
This event is in collaboration with the Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO), Minority Access and Achievement Program (MAAP), Women's Center, and Office of Institutional Equity (OIE).
Special Restrictions: This event will discuss domestic violence and may be triggering for some.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7958
What's also happening?
|Week of October 22, 2017||Next →|
- Pride Hilo Club looking for members
- Are you interested in creating an inclusive community that focuses on educating the general public about LGBTQ+ issues? What about forming a safe network for LGBTQ+ and ally students alike? If you would like to be part of representing the LGBTQ+ ...
- The English Club is searching for new members
- Do you love poetry? Maybe you're an aspiring novelist? Or maybe you haven't touched a book in three semesters? The English Club is open to all students, faculty, staff, and community members, who are interested in seeing how the written word - ...
- The Board of Student Publications wants you!
- Are you looking for a rich leadership opportunity where you can connect with students, faculty, and staff at the University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo, while developing professional skills? If so, then the UH Hilo Board of Student Publications is ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.