Blanketed By Blame - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Blanketed By Blame
Location: SSC W-201
A community-based approach to eliminating domestic violence.
Domestic violence affects all of us. It impacts all aspects of our community including community health, crime rates, the ability to participate in the workforce, child development, and family dynamics. This workshop addresses the pervasive nature of domestic violence and features Blanketed by Blame: Maria’s Story, a skit that explores the importance of community awareness and accountability in eliminating the myths that continue to perpetuate domestic violence. Jennifer Rose, a Filipino activist, attorney, and educator on the intersections of gender-based violence, civil and immigrant rights, will facilitate the workshop and lead a discussion on how our communities work better when each citizen feels safe, secure and free from the threat of domestic violence in all forms.
This event is in collaboration with the Office of Equal Opportunity (OEO), Minority Access and Achievement Program (MAAP), Women's Center, and Office of Institutional Equity (OIE).
Special Restrictions: This event will discuss domestic violence and may be triggering for some.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7958
What's also happening?
Week of October 22, 2017Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.