Speaker: Jennifer Solidum Rose - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Speaker: Jennifer Solidum Rose
Location: SSC room W-201
Presentation: “Blanketed by Blame: A Community-Based Approach to Eliminating Domestic Violence”
Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Location: SSC, room W-201
Domestic violence affects all of us. It impacts all aspects of our community including community health, crime rates, the ability to participate
in the workforce, child development, and family dynamics. This workshop addresses the pervasive nature of domestic violence & features
Blanketed by Blame: Maria’s Story, a skit that explores the importance of community awareness and accountability in eliminating the myths
that continue to perpetuate domestic violence.
Jennifer Rose, Director of the University of Hawaiʻi Office of Institutional Equity, a Filipino activist, attorney, and educator on the intersections of gender-based violence, civil and immigrant rights, will facilitate the workshop and lead a discussion on how our communities work better when each
citizen feels safe, secure and free from the threat of domestic violence in all forms.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7463
What's also happening?
Week of October 22, 2017Next →
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.