Speaker: Jennifer Solidum Rose - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Speaker: Jennifer Solidum Rose
Location: SSC room W-201
Presentation: “Blanketed by Blame: A Community-Based Approach to Eliminating Domestic Violence”
Date: Tuesday, October 24, 2017
Location: SSC, room W-201
Domestic violence affects all of us. It impacts all aspects of our community including community health, crime rates, the ability to participate
in the workforce, child development, and family dynamics. This workshop addresses the pervasive nature of domestic violence & features
Blanketed by Blame: Maria’s Story, a skit that explores the importance of community awareness and accountability in eliminating the myths
that continue to perpetuate domestic violence.
Jennifer Rose, Director of the University of Hawaiʻi Office of Institutional Equity, a Filipino activist, attorney, and educator on the intersections of gender-based violence, civil and immigrant rights, will facilitate the workshop and lead a discussion on how our communities work better when each
citizen feels safe, secure and free from the threat of domestic violence in all forms.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7463
What's also happening?
Week of October 22, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.