Impact of Climate Change on Fresh Water Resources - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Impact of Climate Change on Fresh Water Resources
Location: Student Services Center Room W-201
Fresh water is crucial to human society. However, it is expected to become increasingly scarce in the future, and this is partly due to climate change. Approximately only 2.5% of Earth's water is freshwater. Of that 2.5%, almost 70% is snow and ice, 30% is groundwater, less than 0.5% is surface water. Climate change will significantly change these proportions on a global scale. It is estimated that at least one billion people in dry regions may face increasing water scarcity. Potential impact of climate change on Hawaii and other Pacific islands will also be included in the presentation. Education and research will be essential to providing the knowledge, skills and technology needed to combat fresh water scarcity in the future. Part of the International Topics Speaker Series sponsored by the United Nations Association-Hawaii Island Chapter and the UH Hilo International Student Services & Intercultural Education program. Free.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 935-7991
What's also happening?
Week of November 12, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.