SANE Presentation - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: Campus Center Room 301
Join the Office of Equal Opportunity for the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Presentation. Misty Davis, a Registered Nurse and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner, will facilitate a discussion around the SANE exam process, how to become a SANE, and will partake in a Q&A session. Nursing students are highly encouraged to attend this presentation, but all students are welcomed.
This event is co-sponsored by UH Hilo's Student Medical Services.
Misty Davis' Bio: Misty Davis is a registered nurse and sex assault nurse examiner. Her background includes case management, behavioral health, managed care and acute care. Misty is also Vice President of BICAPSA (Big Island Coalition Against Physical and Sexual Assault) an interagency multi-disciplinary group that works to increase interagency collaboration and reduce physical and sexual assault in our community.
If you would like to speak to someone confidentially, please contact the Confidential Advocate, Destiny Rodriguez, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 932-7958.
To report a concern, contact the Title IX Coordinator, Libby Bailey, at email@example.com or (808) 932-7818.
Special Restrictions: This presentation will discuss sexual assault and could be triggering. If you would like to speak to someone confidentially, please contact the Confidential Advocate, Destiny, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7958
What's also happening?
Week of October 8, 2017Next →
- APIA Scholarship
- This scholarship is offered by the Asian and Pacific Islander American Foundation (APIA). Undergraduate students who are Asian and/or Pacific Islander ethnicity and are US citizens, US nationals or permanent residents are eligible (students ...
- Call for Submissions - Hohonu
- Hohonu, UH Hilo's Journal for Academic Writing is currently accepting submissions for its Spring 2020 publication. The final deadline is January 24th. For more information please contact Hohonu at hohonu@hawaii. ...
- Open Positions for the Board of Student Publications!
- The Board of Student Publications (BOSP) is currently seeking students who are interested in making a difference by getting involved in their campus community; forging sustainable relationships with students, faculty, and staff at UH Hilo; and ...
- Call for Volunteers 25th Annual UH Hilo Ho`olaule`a
- Aloha Vulcans! The UH Hilo Ho`olaule`a committee is seeking volunteers to help with our 25th annual event. All those interested in volunteering are asked to fill out this form: https://forms. ...
- Submissions for Kanilehua Are Now Open
- Kanilehua is now accepting submissions of visual art (photography, drawing, painting, sculpture) and literature (short story, poetry, flash fiction, plays) for its Spring 2020 issue. ...
- Volunteers Needed for Science Olympiad Tournament
- Aloha kākou, The Center for Community Engagement & the Office of Research and Community Partnerships are hosting the 2020 Science Olympiad Hawaiʻi Island regional tournament for middle and high school students on February 8, 2020. ...
- 2020-21 UH Common Scholarship App Available October 1st
- The 2020-21 UH System Common Scholarship Application will be available online as of October 1, 2019. Complete the application to apply for over 100 different scholarships available to students attending UH Hilo in Fall 2020! Deadline for ...
- UH Hilo Relay for Life Committee Positions Open
- The UH Hilo Relay for Life Planning Committee is currently seeking dedicated students who are interested in volunteering to help plan the 2020 Relay for Life event as well as multiple awareness events over this school year. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: ...
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.