SANE Presentation - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Location: Campus Center Room 301
Join the Office of Equal Opportunity for the Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner (SANE) Presentation. Misty Davis, a Registered Nurse and Sexual Assault Nurse Examiner, will facilitate a discussion around the SANE exam process, how to become a SANE, and will partake in a Q&A session. Nursing students are highly encouraged to attend this presentation, but all students are welcomed.
This event is co-sponsored by UH Hilo's Student Medical Services.
Misty Davis' Bio: Misty Davis is a registered nurse and sex assault nurse examiner. Her background includes case management, behavioral health, managed care and acute care. Misty is also Vice President of BICAPSA (Big Island Coalition Against Physical and Sexual Assault) an interagency multi-disciplinary group that works to increase interagency collaboration and reduce physical and sexual assault in our community.
If you would like to speak to someone confidentially, please contact the Confidential Advocate, Destiny Rodriguez, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (808) 932-7958.
To report a concern, contact the Title IX Coordinator, Libby Bailey, at email@example.com or (808) 932-7818.
Special Restrictions: This presentation will discuss sexual assault and could be triggering. If you would like to speak to someone confidentially, please contact the Confidential Advocate, Destiny, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7958
What's also happening?
Week of October 8, 2017Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.