National Coming Out Day Speaker Panel - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
National Coming Out Day Speaker Panel
UH Hilo LGBTQ+ Center Invites you to participate in celebrating our campus diversity!
Speaker Panel, Coming Out Stories and more!
Resource Tables, Coffee & Donuts
11am–2pm Campus Center Room-301
Every year on National Coming Out Day, we celebrate coming out as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) or as an ally. On Oct. 11, 2017, marks the 29th anniversary of National Coming Out Day. According to the Human Rights Campaign one out of every two Americans has someone close to them who is gay or lesbian. For transgender people, that number is only one in 10. Coming out - whether it is as lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or allied - STILL MATTERS. When people know someone who is LGBTQ, they are far more likely to support equality under the law. Beyond that, our stories can be powerful to each other.
Special Restrictions: Free to all Students, Faculty, and Staff
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org Laura Sherwood
What's also happening?
Week of October 8, 2017Next →
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.