Indigenous Suicide Prevention in Aotearoa (New Zealand) - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Indigenous Suicide Prevention in Aotearoa (New Zealand)
Location: Student Services Center
In this presentation, Zack Makoare and Kiritahi Firmin share their work with indigenous based suicide intervention in Aotearoa and beyond through wahine (women's) leadership development, permaculture programs, rangatahi (youth) leadership camps, mentoring, conservation and ecological restoration, and intergenerational cultural revitalization.
The flyer is available at: go.hawaii.edu/6uj
This presentation is in collaboration with the UH Hilo Suicide Prevention Committee, The East Hawai'i Suicide Prevention Task Force, The University of Hawai'i Sea Grant College Program, UH Pacific Aquaculture and Coastal Research Center Coastal (PACRC), Na Maka o Papahanaumokuakea, and the UH Hilo Minority Access and Achievement Program (MAAP).
For disability accommodations, please contact UH Hilo Counseling Services: 932-7465 (V), 932-7002 (TTY), email@example.com.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7465
What's also happening?
|Week of October 8, 2017||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.