Developing Leadership in Social Justice - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Developing Leadership in Social Justice
Location: Campus Center 306
Join us as Andrew Polloi of UH Hilo's Health & Wellness Program presents Developing Leadership in Social Justice and "Where do you stand if you witness gender based discrimination and/or violence?" Come and learn how to gauge and be an "upstander" when you witness acts or hear words that perpetuate the culture of being less than others. Learn the realities to sexual violence and the barriers that perpetuate it. 1 in 5 women and 1 in 33 men in college will experience sexual violence through their four year college journey. Learn to be better equipped as agents of change. As developing leaders you are called to be the change you want to see in the world. This training session is part of the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series sponsored by the Campus Center Student Leadership Development Program and the Campus Center Fee Board.
Special Restrictions: Restrictions: The Certificate of Leadership is available only to UH Hilo students with a validated UH Hilo student ID.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7377
What's also happening?
Week of October 1, 2017Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.