Developing Leadership in Social Justice - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Developing Leadership in Social Justice
Location: Campus Center 306
Join us as Andrew Polloi of UH Hilo's Health & Wellness Program presents Developing Leadership in Social Justice and "Where do you stand if you witness gender based discrimination and/or violence?" Come and learn how to gauge and be an "upstander" when you witness acts or hear words that perpetuate the culture of being less than others. Learn the realities to sexual violence and the barriers that perpetuate it. 1 in 5 women and 1 in 33 men in college will experience sexual violence through their four year college journey. Learn to be better equipped as agents of change. As developing leaders you are called to be the change you want to see in the world. This training session is part of the Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Series sponsored by the Campus Center Student Leadership Development Program and the Campus Center Fee Board.
Special Restrictions: Restrictions: The Certificate of Leadership is available only to UH Hilo students with a validated UH Hilo student ID.
For more information, contact: firstname.lastname@example.org (808) 932-7377
What's also happening?
|Week of October 1, 2017||Next →|
- Board of Media Broadcasting Open Positions
- The UH Hilo Board of Media Broadcasting has two open positions for the 2017-2018 academic year. These positions will have an open application process until they are filled. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2017-2018 academic year UH Hilo RISO registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 20, 2018. Due to the transfer of the UH Hilo website to a new program we have lost the ability to edit our website. ...
- UH Hilo Mentoring Recognition Award!
- Having a great mentor is critical in student success and we'd like to know who has been your mentor here at UH Hilo. ...
- Campus & Community Service Spring Food Drive
- It’s that time of year again! Campus and Community Service is holding the Annual Spring Food Drive in conjunction with the University of Hawaiʻi State Food Drive. ...
- Free HIV and Hepatits C Testing
- Free HIV & Hepatitis C Testing Conducted by Hawaiʻi Island HIV/AIDS Foundation. Tesiting is Anonymous, Safe & Fast!
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaii State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaii Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.