Dr. Celia Bardwell-Jones on, “Placental Ethics” - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Dr. Celia Bardwell-Jones on, “Placental Ethics”
Location: UCB 100
Hawai’i Island Philosophy Club of Hawai’i at Hilo is teaming up with the Women’s Center to present Associate Professor of Philosophy and Director of the Women’s Studies Program, Dr. Celia Bardwell-Jones, on Placental Ethics: Addressing Colonial Legacies and Imagining Culturally Safe Responses to Health Care in Hawai’i.
This lecture will be hosted at UH Hilo in room UCB 100 on Tuesday, September 26th from 5:00-6:00 P.M. The lecture will be followed with a brief Q & A period. The event is free and open to the public. Students are encouraged to attend. Light refreshments will be provided.
The lecture aims to raise awareness about the ethical issues surrounding women’s rights to their placentas and to question the implications of our current healthcare practices on Hawaiian culture. Come and learn more about this women’s rights issue!
For more information, contact Ralph Aquino Jr. at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7380
What's also happening?
Week of September 24, 2017Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.