QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
QPR Suicide Prevention Gatekeeper Training
Location: Student Services Building, W-201
In this class, gatekeepers will be trained to recognize the warning signs of suicide, Question their meaning to determine suicide intent or desire, Persuade the person to accept help, and Refer the person to the appropriate resources. Gatekeepers are also given the opportunity to practice their QPR skills through a short role-play session during the training.
Special Restrictions: Those who have experienced a recent loss, especially to suicide may find attending this training very difficult and are cautioned against participating.
For more information, contact: email@example.com (808) 932-7465
What's also happening?
Week of September 17, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.