Understanding Genetic Testing - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Understanding Genetic Testing
Location: UCB 101
With an increase in the availability and popularity of genetic testing, people are using this tool to discover more about their health and family history. This class will help participants understand the basics of genetics, what genetic testing is, and what kind of information they can expect to get from the variety of tests that are available.
November 7 - 28, 2017, Tuesdays
Instructor: Olga Sideleva
Olga Sideleva earned a Ph.D. in Genetics from St. Petersburg University in Russia. She has over 20 years of experience in biological research. Dr. Sideleva also holds professional certifications as a teacher and a professional cook in the Russian Federation. She enjoys making complex material easy to understand. She brings her fun, enthusiastic and warm personality to her classes, and is looking forward to sharing her knowledge with our community.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $45
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of November 5, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Veterans’ Day
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaii Island. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.