Qigong for Beginners - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Qigong for Beginners
Location: Aikido of Hawaii, 29 Shipman St. #203
Qigong (chi kung) has been an integral part of Chinese culture since ancient China. Qi is the energy or natural force that fills the universe and our bodies. Qigong is working to harmonize, and balance our qi, while removing qi blockages. The qigong exercises and breathing are believed to be beneficial in improving health, our immunity, organ systems, and longevity.
September 16 - October 21, 2017, Saturdays
Instructor: Barbara Klein
Instructed by Barbara Klein, chief instructor and co-founder of Aikido of Hilo, an Aikikai Rokudan (6th degree black belt). She has over 45 years of experience both training in and teaching Aikido. She began studying qigong over 13 years ago for her personal health and has been teaching bi-weekly qigong classes for seniors for several years.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $55
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 10, 2017Next →
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.