Qigong for Beginners - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Qigong for Beginners
Location: Aikido of Hawaii, 29 Shipman St. #203
Qigong (chi kung) has been an integral part of Chinese culture since ancient China. Qi is the energy or natural force that fills the universe and our bodies. Qigong is working to harmonize, and balance our qi, while removing qi blockages. The qigong exercises and breathing are believed to be beneficial in improving health, our immunity, organ systems, and longevity.
September 16 - October 21, 2017, Saturdays
Instructor: Barbara Klein
Instructed by Barbara Klein, chief instructor and co-founder of Aikido of Hilo, an Aikikai Rokudan (6th degree black belt). She has over 45 years of experience both training in and teaching Aikido. She began studying qigong over 13 years ago for her personal health and has been teaching bi-weekly qigong classes for seniors for several years.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $55
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 10, 2017Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.