Knitting Basics for Kids - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Knitting Basics for Kids
Students will learn basic knitting skills such as knit and purl stitches and proper technique of handling needles. Each student will complete 2 projects by the end of the session. Yarn will be provided for the first project, a light scarf. Students will need to purchase their own yarn for the second project, an open knit shawl. Knitting has been found to help children learn to focus, develop their fine motor skills, follow instructions, complete basic mathematics, problem solve and more
September 9 - November 4, 2017, Saturdays
Instructor: Catherine Southern
Catherine Southern learned to knit about 18 years ago and hasn't stopped since. She has been teaching community knitting classes for over 4 years. Cat loves to design, knit and sew her own clothes, and has recently started selling her creations at a Hilo boutique.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $75
Required: Circular (any length) or straight (at least 12'' or longer) knitting needles, size 13 to 18; 2 skeins of specialty yarn for second project (will be discussed in class).
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 3, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Labor Day
- Scheduled Emergency Exercise: Campus Lockdown
- On Tuesday, July 30, Campus Security will be conducting a campus wide Emergency Exercise - Lockdown drill. The purpose of this exercise is to help us prepare should a real incident occur. ...
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.