Japanese Reading and Writing: Advanced - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Japanese Reading and Writing: Advanced
Location: CH 6
This class will focus on Japanese reading, writing and speech in order to help the students’ ability to advance conversation skills. This class will challenge students to expand their practical knowledge of the origin and history of Japanese vocabulary and Kanji.
September 11 - December 4, 2017, Mondays
Instructor: Hiroko Igarashi
Instructor Hiroko Igarashi has a BS in Mathematics, BA in Communications and MA in China-US Relations. She has many years of experience teaching Japanese to children and adults in the community, and as a UH Hilo Lecturer. Her classes are practical, fun and interactive, helping students to get the most out of every session.
Special Restrictions: Tuition
Continuing Students: $175
New Students: $185
Required: New students who would like to join must be able to easily read Hiragana and Katakana, the rudiments of Kanji and be familiar with fundamental sentence structure.Kanken Level 9
New students will be provided with an additional textbook, Kokugo 1.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 10, 2017Next →
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.