Japanese Reading and Writing: Advanced - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Japanese Reading and Writing: Advanced
Location: CH 6
This class will focus on Japanese reading, writing and speech in order to help the students’ ability to advance conversation skills. This class will challenge students to expand their practical knowledge of the origin and history of Japanese vocabulary and Kanji.
September 11 - December 4, 2017, Mondays
Instructor: Hiroko Igarashi
Instructor Hiroko Igarashi has a BS in Mathematics, BA in Communications and MA in China-US Relations. She has many years of experience teaching Japanese to children and adults in the community, and as a UH Hilo Lecturer. Her classes are practical, fun and interactive, helping students to get the most out of every session.
Special Restrictions: Tuition
Continuing Students: $175
New Students: $185
Required: New students who would like to join must be able to easily read Hiragana and Katakana, the rudiments of Kanji and be familiar with fundamental sentence structure.Kanken Level 9
New students will be provided with an additional textbook, Kokugo 1.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 10, 2017Next →
- Ka Lama Ku Student Leadership Awards Nomination Now Open
- This recognition awards acknowledges the contributions students have made in their formal and informal leadership roles on campus and in their community. ...
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.