Introduction to Genealogy - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Introduction to Genealogy
Location: UCB 101
Genealogy is one of the most popular hobbies in the world. Many people are curious about the past and, in particular, the story of their ancestors. Join Nicole Sallee in beginning the journey of uncovering your history. Learn how to organize your information, understand what types of records exist and where to find them, how to search effectively, and how to navigate through the inevitable bumps and “dead ends” that you encounter along the way.
September 5 - October 24, 2017, Tuesdays
Instructor: Nicole Sallee
Nicole C. Sallee has a Bachelor’s Degree in History from Rockford University and a Master’s degree in Library and Information Studies from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She has been both a librarian and teacher. In addition, she has published numerous human interest articles as well as one pictorial history book and extensively researched her own family history.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $65
Required: You will need basic computer skills to navigate researching on the internet. Please bring a notebook and pencil.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 3, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Labor Day
- 4th Annual HIplan Business Plan Competition Submissions Open
- This business plan competition is open to individuals or groups (for-profit or non-profit) whose business plan focuses on developing startup or expanding a business based on Hawaiʻi Island. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2020-2021
- Will you graduating in the Spring 2020? Are you a US citizen interested in conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2020-2021 academic ...
- Study Abroad Fall 2020 Application Deadline
- If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2020 or the academic year ('20-'21) you need to submit your application by October 4, 2019. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- 2019-2020 RISO Registration Open
- Aloha Vulcans! If you are interested in starting a club for the 2019-2020 academic year, please visit the Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) web page at: hilo.hawaii. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.