Introduction to Genealogy - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Introduction to Genealogy
Location: UCB 101
Genealogy is one of the most popular hobbies in the world. Many people are curious about the past and, in particular, the story of their ancestors. Join Nicole Sallee in beginning the journey of uncovering your history. Learn how to organize your information, understand what types of records exist and where to find them, how to search effectively, and how to navigate through the inevitable bumps and “dead ends” that you encounter along the way.
September 5 - October 24, 2017, Tuesdays
Instructor: Nicole Sallee
Nicole C. Sallee has a Bachelor’s Degree in History from Rockford University and a Master’s degree in Library and Information Studies from the University of Wisconsin-Madison. She has been both a librarian and teacher. In addition, she has published numerous human interest articles as well as one pictorial history book and extensively researched her own family history.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $65
Required: You will need basic computer skills to navigate researching on the internet. Please bring a notebook and pencil.
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 3, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Labor Day
- UHHSA Elections Applications
- The University of Hawaiʻi at Hilo Student Association is keeping applications open for multiple positions for 2019/2020 academic school year. Applications are available on the UHHSA website, in the UHHSA office and in the Campus Center. ...
- UH Hilo RISO Registration is Now Open!
- The 2018-2019 academic year UH Hilo Registered Independent Student Organization (RISO) registration period is now open. The final day to register will be April 19, 2019. ...
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo's brand for student retention and graduation. We also communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Be sure to regularly out hilo.hawaii. ...
- Student Lingo Now Available!
- Student Lingo is a series of student success workshops for all UH Hilo students, available online and 24/7. ...
- 2019-20 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2018, students can complete their 2019-20 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2019. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.