Hula Hoop Fitness and Fun - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Hula Hoop Fitness and Fun
Location: Old Gym
Join Pam Owens for this fun and funky way to get fit! Classes will include constructing hoops, stretching and cardio exercises, instruction on basic hooping techniques and lots of practice. Alternative performance and dance techniques will be introduced by guest hula hoopers.
No experience necessary, all levels are welcome. Students will get to keep their own personalized, handmade hoop.
September 8 - November 3, 2017, Fridays
Instructor: Pam Owens
Pam Owens is a former professional athlete with a passion for alternative forms of exercise. She has adopted hula hooping into her fun and healthy lifestyle!
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $75
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 3, 2017Next →
Holiday observed: Labor Day
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.