Exploring Korean Culture: Planning Your Trip to Korea - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Exploring Korean Culture: Planning Your Trip to Korea
Location: CH 6
Whether you’re planning a trip soon, or just want to take a “virtual tour” of South Korea, this class will help you understand, plan and prepare for your adventure. Exploring one province at a time, Aaron and Sohee Martinson will guide you in researching a range of possible activities and sites that may not be on the typical traveler’s “to do” list. This class will be highly interactive, involving lots of discussion and sharing of personal insights and perspectives. Actual travel to South Korea is not required to enjoy this class.
October 28 - November 4, 2017, Saturdays
Instructor: Sohee and Aaron Martinson
Aaron Martinson lived in South Korea for 8 years, where he was a writer, radio personality and professor. He was also an editor for the Korean Tourism Organization and wrote for magazines such as Seoul Select and Seoul Magazine.
Sohee Lee is a native of South Korea, and was formerly a South Korean National Judo player and coach. She has been teaching Korean culture and cooking classes with CCECS, and is currently developing her own business related to Korean food.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $60
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
|Week of October 22, 2017||Next →|
- What is ʻOpihi?
- ʻOpihi is UH Hilo’s brand for student retention and graduation. We communicate relevant information and possibilities to help students succeed and thrive at UH Hilo. Follow us on social media or regularly check our website (hilo.hawaii. ...
- US Fulbright Student Scholarship Application for 2019-2020
- Are you a US citizen interested in studying abroad while conducting research overseas? Have you ever thought of teaching English abroad? Well, consider applying for the US Fulbright Student program for the 2019-2020 academic year. ...
- Study Abroad Applications due October 1st
- Explore the world and earn college credit. If you are considering studying abroad for the Fall 2019 or the academic year (2019-2020) you need to submit your application by October 1, 2018. Applications are available at: hilo.hawaii. ...
- Spring 2018 Legislative Internships
- Do you love politics? Have you ever wanted to learn firsthand about how laws are made? Internship opportunities in Hawaiʻi State Senator Kai Kahele's Honolulu Office and Hawaiʻi Senator Brian Schatz's Honolulu and Washington DC Offices. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.