Exploring Korean Cooking: Korean Entrees - Event Details
This event has concluded and is no longer current.
Exploring Korean Cooking: Korean Entrees
Learn to make your own authentic Korean entrees. Students will get hands-on and in-stomach experience, while also learning a little about Korean culture along the way.
All materials will be provided.
Discount Package includes Exploring Korean Cooking: Make Your Own Kimchi
September 23, 2017, Saturday
Instructor: Aaron and Sohee Martinson
Sohee and Aaron Martinson bring a unique flavor to their folk cooking classes, thanks to their diverse backgrounds and fun and informative style of teaching. They met in Sohee’s homeland in South Korea, where Aaron spent 8 years as an expat. Sohee and her family own and operate a popular and successful restaurant in Seoul. Aaron has been an instructor for 10 years and is also a writer, editor, public speaker, digital artist and filmmaker. Sohee is a former Judo player and coach, who is now an educator and entrepreneur.
Special Restrictions: Tuition: $55
Discount Package: $95
For more information, contact: CCECS@hawaii.edu (808) 932-7830
What's also happening?
Week of September 17, 2017Next →
- HAPA (Hawaii Association of Public Accountants) Scholarships
- HAPA’s Big Island Chapter provides up to $3,500 in awards to accounting scholars and future accountants each year. ...
- Rotary Peace Fellowship
- Each year, Rotary awards two types of fellowships that fund some of the world’s most dedicated and brightest professionals to study at one of Rotary’s Peace Centers around the world. ...
- Mindfulness Meditation w/Michael
- Practicing Mindfulness offers ways to calm our mind and reduce stress, enabling us to enjoy life more fully. Hosted by Michael Donenfeld who has practiced meditation with and received training from Vietnamese poet and Monk, Thich Nhat Hanh.
- 2020-21 FAFSA Available October 1st
- Effective October 1, 2019, students can complete their 2020-21 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online at www.fafsa.gov. To receive priority consideration, complete your FAFSA by February 1, 2020. ...
- Walk-in Wednesdays
- Counseling services will now be offering 30 minutes walk-in sessions, every Wednesday from 1-4 pm. We know things happen and you may need to talk with someone immediately. This service is open to all UH Hilo students. ...
Disclaimer: The University of Hawaii at Hilo is not responsible for the contents, links and/or materials presented in any web site listed above that is not of the “hilo.hawaii.edu” or “.uhh.hawaii.edu” domains. All comments, complaints and grievances should be filed with the author, host and/or owner of said site.